Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Face mask or paint?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:14 AM
bigcountry

Default Face mask or paint?

I have wore a face mask for years. And with glass's it just don't work very well. They fog up horribly. Thinking of switching over to face paint. Think its as effective as a turkey mask? Anybody were glass'es there think they might scare turkey.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Face mask or paint?

Anybody were glass'es there think they might scare turkey.
I used to wear glass's but started wearing contacts
Just for this reason.
Of not spooking game while hunting.
I tryed the face camo makeup.
But it keep getting on the glass's and making a mess.
And if you get sweaty it smears and is hard to get off.
It gets on every thing you get close to.
Seat belts - truck seats etc.
Then when You or your wife gets in it gets on
Your cloths and makes a mess.

I gues the stuff there is now might be better.
But in the 80s it I wasn't a happy camper useing it.

Try contacts you might like them I do.

Good Luck

Old 04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

big...I have used both...both work...you could cut the top out of a face mask and just pull over your nose and leave the glasses uncovered...I think the breathing inside the mask is what fogs glasses...I sometimes notice this when using binos...
Old 04-24-2006, 04:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I wear glasses and don't have any probalem with a mask. The one I wear is really kind of a see through bag that ties around the neck (good for bug control too). I keep it bloused out away from my glasses and it doesn't fog them up. I only wear it when I am set up after a bird answers.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:54 PM

I wear glasses too and have had a little of the same problem at times. Most of the time I can fix it just by adjusting where the mask falls on my nose. I've seen a face mask just for people with eyeglasses in the Cabelas catalog but I have no idea how well it works, butit mightbe another idea for you to try.

heres a link
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0024822942320a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=face+mask&N=4887&am p;Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&amp ;Ntt=face+mask&noImage=0
Old 04-24-2006, 06:08 PM

Paint all the way.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:23 PM

i've used facepaint before...not that i havent liked it...but would rather not wear it now...i use a headnet...i do what beholt does....adjust it so my breath doesnt fog up my glasses...i got out of wearing facepaint due to the reactions i got from the locals...mostly those who dont believe in hunting (just one more reason to get one of those animal activists to harrass me)...and i'm not out to initiate that sorta confrontation..my camo tells them already i hunt...why get up in their faces by wearing paint?...just my way i guess...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

I wear a face mask because i had a reaction to the face paint.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

like my face mask it has a hole in top to allow you to see and then it has a nose clamp you put to ur nose it works nice........isnt ur face mask mesh
Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

i like the face mask better because it doesnt allow the sun to shine and reflected off but get the thin ones because then u wont sweat as much

Quick Reply: Face mask or paint?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.