Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hm and Fl.huntress kicked  some turkey butt >

Hm and Fl.huntress kicked some turkey butt

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hm and Fl.huntress kicked some turkey butt

Old 04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hm and Fl.huntress kicked some turkey butt

took flhuntress out to the woods today, she got herself a good one.......this has been a blessed season, i took my 2 birds, then i was a part of 2 others being taken....i'd do them all over again....wouldnt of changed a thing.
this is a copy and paste from her hunting journal....

4-22-06 Saturday
Huntnma and I made arrangements to hunt 3 Lakes together this weekend. She was kind enough to offer to take me to her secret place of hers but I had to promise that I’d never go there without her and I wasn’t allowed to show anyone. I have rules for my honey hole and she respects them so that wasn’t ever even going to be an issue but I promised without hesitation. It was the first time I’ve ever been out there to that area. She was the official guide/camera person. We met up at Yeehaw Junction where my truck proceeded to break down after filling up. We think it’s the battery or alternator. Loaded everything into her truck and off we went. We were numbers 2 and 3, our favorite numbers so we were bouncin’ off the walls with excitement. We get to her area and set up. It’s beautiful out there. It’s been burned recently so there’s tons of new growth which was the greenest of greens. Throughout the fields were thousands of lil white flowers. It looked like turkey heaven. We heard a couple gobbles one which was comin’ our way. He wandered away from us so after a lil bit we wandered in the direction of the bird we heard in the distance. We walked and stalked for a good ways but couldn’t get him to answer Huntnma’s calls. The hens around us loved them but that big boy just got a case of lock jaw. It was getting’ later in the morning so we kinda expected him to shut up. We eventually got to the point where we felt we were in front of him enough to sit and wait for the kill. We found this old knarled out oak tree that had a nice oak next to it so we sat down for a lil breather. We weren’t there 2 minutes and I look to my left and see a brilliant red head about 30 yds out. Huntnma got the camera ready as I got my gun up and safety off. He was comin’ in fast. I didn’t even have time to shake. I waited about 10 seconds before I nailed him. We both started the give high fives and yellin’ whoo whoo like to freaks. You’d think we had won the lottery. We both got to the bird and started to shake bigtime. It was so cool. I love that…lol. She got most of the entire hunt on film but she only had my binoculars and gun barrel in it in the beginning of the video. She forgot to use the zoom too cause she was too afraid to move. This was probably the best choice…lol. She managed to get me on while I was having an anxiety attack which was too funny. It’s my first turkey hunt on camera. We’ll always remember every detail now. We got back to the check station where we got tons of pics and hung out with some other hunters who came out there. It was an awesome way to end a very trying spring gobbler season. I’m glad I had to wait this long cause the last two days have been two of the best.
Stats:
Weight: 17.5 Spurs: both 1.25in ( the guy at the check station told me one was 1.5 but he was wrong. We measured them again when we got home) Beard: 9.75in. (we go by the longest strand )

Old 04-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hm and Fl.huntress kicked some turkey butt

AWESOME!! Congrats!
Old 04-22-2006, 11:05 PM

....congrats fl.huntress, awesome pics...thanks for your story of your hunt....it's been a great read...and good job huntnma on your 'guide service'...lol.....sounds like you two had great fun...i think i'd love to have that same companionship you two share......the story was great to re-read and the pics were nice too...thanks for sharing...
Old 04-23-2006, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go...Both of ya!

Great job! I know I wouldn't want either one of you shooting at me!

Loved the story and pics...

Congratulations!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome,Congrats to ya both.Awesome story,Awesome hunt,Awesome pictures.Did i mention how awesome it was?
Old 04-23-2006, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats you girls. Fine pic's . Sometime we got to meet when I down there. I used to hunt the Yeehaw Junction area back years ago. I used to hunt private when you headed north over the turnpike it was the land on the west side. I know that Three lakes too and spend some time out on the north at the towers

Ive since moved now and hunt the west side of Okeechobee (Lakeport area) If you ever want to have a get togeather , I would love to meet the 2 Florida Female turkey killers and their better halfs.

It sure is nice area out that way. Congrats on your birds you have did a great job...BT
Old 04-23-2006, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim , get off the putter and get your Butt up here these two girls have got me all cranked up with killing birds again ! ...BT
Old 04-23-2006, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian,You're like Jake.NO PATIENCEWe should be there around 3:00.Turn up the heat.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Souns like season you won't soon forget,Congats!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks y'all......we did have a blast...Adrain...i would love for us together down near yeehaw next year, even if it's just for a hug hello...i only turkey hunt out there at 3 lakes....i'm glad y'all enjoyed sharing in our hunts too...it just isnt the same when you cant share your hunts...

Quick Reply: Hm and Fl.huntress kicked some turkey butt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.