Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Wondering about a tube call? >

Wondering about a tube call?

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Wondering about a tube call?

Old 04-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wondering about a tube call?

I was just wondering if any of you have ever used a Lohman Mouth Yelper and if so are they a good call and are they hard to use?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wondering about a tube call?

If your talking tube calls , they can be effective at times. The nice thing with tube calls is that you can get the volume in a call if you need it. The call does take some practice and I can not explain the lohman as I have not used that companies products. Quakerboy used to have a tube call that is all most the same as the Snuff can and they both worked the same.

A tube call has a bill with laytex covering this bill and it stops across with an opening up agaist the plastic lip rest. When you place this call in your mouth you will have the lip rest on the bottom and place your lip close enough to just make contect with the laytex edge. The bill will be in your mouth. By blowinga steady stream of air into the call you should get a high pitch blowing between your bottom lip and the laytex. If you drop your jaw it will allow enough presure off the latex to create a lower pitch. You need to put these two notes togeather to get the yelp. A Cluck is done by saying TookA into the call to Cluck and Cut just add more TookA's to create these sounds. It all takes practice...BT