HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Day 7, and I'm tired. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/138306-day-7-im-tired.html)

dog1 03-31-2006 02:31 PM

Day 7, and I'm tired.

Sliped in at 5:00 a.m., he gobbled at 6:10 as usual. He golbbled til 7:20, real foggy this morning, then the hen appeared. They all drifted off south of me. There was another bird north of me so I went after him, but he wouldn't budge either. Thanks for all the advice, as I and all of you have said, he's going to mess up, just got to be there.

I'm going back further in the swamp in the morning and lay off him for the weekend. Will let him have his peace and quiet for a couple of days, but will be back on him Monday. I can honestly say, I'm totally give out physically, hope the devil he is to. Will slip in Monday morning, one of us has got give up or make a mistake, which I've done, so it's his turn.

I'm trying to come up with a name for him, got to make it personal now. Anybody got any suggestions (don't want to hear dog whooper).

JW 03-31-2006 03:00 PM

RE: Day 7, and I'm tired.

Dang dog - I was waiting for this post as I bet many others are! Dang bird sure has me buffaloed and yes I think it is a good thing to lay low......As soon as his hens don't show up anymore....he be dade! :) But ya got to be there!

Now as for names.....
Ole Keep Ya Thinkin'
Tommy Go the udder way!
Mr. Swamp Thang!
Ole Mr. Swamg Thang
MR Tom - Ya'll come back ya hear! :)
Mr. I don't Think So
Ole - Tom - Not in this lifetime
Mr. Gobble & away he goes!
Mr. Gobble N Run
I am Mr Tom - This is my brain - this is my brain listening to your call! :) [Now don't get mad at me!- Just hadda]
Old Gobbeldy Gook
Swamp Tom - Say Whut?
Mr. Swamp Tom - I hear ya but I ain't comin to ya!
Ole Tom - Keep callin like that - I ain't gay!

Mr. I only Got one thang on my mind! And it ain't ya'll!
Swamp Wizzard!

Do know I can come up with a few more!

hehe - this was fun......offer still stand to hunt with you after you have read my fractured attempts to naming your bird?

JW

saltflat 03-31-2006 03:01 PM

How bout turkey lurkey.

StrutnBPS 03-31-2006 03:05 PM

I know how you feel, but maybe you need to move on?? If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you then its yours, if not, it never was!!!:D:D

But seriously. You have put a whole week on this one bird. Go out and chase some more birds. Give this guy a rest. You are only educating him.

wacker 03-31-2006 06:55 PM

Good luck on killing him.In WI the seasons are only 5 days long so you don't have time to get personal with a gobbler.

MDManiac 04-01-2006 11:49 AM

Dirty Dog hehehe good luck come monday!

huntnma 04-01-2006 01:56 PM

next time..........

jepcho 04-01-2006 02:02 PM

You gotta get him sooner or later.