Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Vests

Old 03-28-2006, 06:36 AM
Spike

Default Turkey Vests

Anyone have a review on some of the new turkey vests on the market, as far as storage and comfort
Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 AM

Default RE: Turkey Vests

I am useing the Mossy Oak Elite hybridwith the removeable arms..I just love mine has pleanty of storage and easy acces...there are other great vest out there this just happens to be the one I fell in love with...
Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 AM

Hey Hoytshooter88,

I was just getting ready to order one of those, Are their anything you don't like? Is it worth the money?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

I just ordered the Mossy Oak Elite III Saw one in the store the other day and I likestriker, box call and over all pocket lay out of it. I think it was the seat that sealed the deal for me. It's huge with a very thick seat cushion which I need for my fat butt.

One thing I didn't like was the that the bottom of the seat is solid black! I like tohunt with my seatun-snapped or un-buckled so it a down and ready for those gobblers that catch me by surprise. It being black makes me a little worried that some knuckle head might thinks it's a turkey and shoots me [] I'm thinking of having my wife sew a hunters orange patch in the middle of the seat.

[/align]
Old 03-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You cant go wrong with the Ol' Tom Time and Motion turkey vests! Simply the most functional and best designed vest out there.

Send me a PM if you are interested in one at a great price.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:18 AM

I have the Readhead turkey lounger...and it is great as far as storage goes...but that self supporting seat istn very comfortable when up against a tree....I hear that the Cabelas vests are nice
Old 03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Spike

Yeah i was thinking about getting a cabela's one, i heard the tactical tat'r is a good one
Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Cabelas super tat'r and it is comfortable! Has a great 2 inch thick seat, even has padding on the back so you are comfotable sitting against a tree. It has pockets for every stly call made. Even has a shell carrier. It was well worth the money, now if I could only get it in ASAT camo.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:58 PM

I'm interested in getting a Beard Buster vest. Could anyone tell me what they think of these. They look good in pictures and the price isn't bad and they're available in Predator Deception camo, whichI like.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:21 AM

I have the Mossy Oak Super Elite lll, very comfortable seat, easy to use, light weight, and the pockets on the inside are all mesh except the two huge ones. I have it in Obsessions, because it matches the green around here during turkey season. Heres a pic of it:

and my dad has a similar model to the super elite hybrid, but his is Break-up and has zippers instead of snap metal things and no mouth call pouch. Heres a pic for you guys who dont know what a super elite hybrid looks like:

Quick Reply: Turkey Vests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.