Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Wisconsin bonus tags

Old 03-25-2006, 04:27 PM

Default Wisconsin bonus tags

[:'(]What a mess! They went on sale @ 12:00 noon today & some how 90% are gone! approx 15,000 tags The phone system was a joke, forget the on line, go stand in line at a major retailer or find a mom & pop outlet. I didsettle for a zone 45 on the WI/MI border,I hunted just a few miles from there once before. Low numbers of "dumb" feederbirds on private property...

I was hoping to get a zone that had over 1000 extra tags forperiodEMay 10-14 but they were sold out per the license agent & no way to tell whats available. Therefore I choose 45; lots of public land, trout fishing, etc!

Can anyone tell me if the toll free # runs 24/7 or just 9/5 ?
I'm going to try on line after midnight

went on line & site was updated @ 4:14pm & plenty of tags left for zone 3 period E! I believe the system trouble, plusagents that don't this full time, etc. caused my rejection for that same tag earlier that day.
The phone number is 24/7 apparently?
I talked to a very tired young southern bell from Tennessee @ 5:00am...
Bingo Zone 3 period E, I now haveall the tags a guy can handle !

Zone 23 period DWI, Zone 349 period F MN, Zone 3 period E WI & zone 45last period.If all goes well I'll be hunting from May 3rd thru May 14! There is just a 2 day overlap between MN 349& WI 3, but they are only an hour apart...
I am aware that some hunters are not getting tags, try to get a bear tag sometime.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin bonus tags

I just got mine byphone for zone 18
Old 03-25-2006, 10:38 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I got mine,
My kid got hers
and my son in law got his.........just needed to find a place thta wasn't over loaded.....

My partner got his 2nd for the same time period ....but then again we hunt the last 2 seasons anyways....

But I agree it was screwed up - license agents didn't know how to log in....

JW
Old 03-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Now you Wisconsin guys are going thru the same crap us Mn. boys have been going thru for years now to get a surplus license.Can be real frustrating![X(]
Old 03-26-2006, 07:46 AM

I went to gander mountain to buy mine, stood in line from 11-12, and then the computers failed so we waited. Lucky we were like 15th in line and we ended up getting our tags, for the time and zone we wanted, at about 1:30!!! That was 2.5 hours of waiting. The dnr must have seen that problem coming.

What ever, i got my tag, my gun, and my camo,
Now all i need is a bird!
Pines

Old 03-26-2006, 09:50 AM
JW
Super Moderator

and I got another at 12:15 AM!

Now I really feel golden!

JW
Old 03-26-2006, 10:03 AM

I got one yesterday and another this morning.I now have tags for period C,E,and F in zone 39.
I think the DNR changed the date to a saturday so the service centers would'nt have to deal with the problems!!
Old 03-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was no need for the crap the DNR pulled this year for turkey hunting. If any of you got the reports an how many tags were issued and how many applied and how many were left, EVERYONE that applied should have gotten a permit this year. There are so many pissed off applicants this year and theres going to be so much violating going on its not funny. What really pisses me off is that there were supposed to be NO DOUBLE ISSUANCE OF PERMITS. I know about 50 people that got more than one permit. This is crap!!!!! There were enough tags for everyone that applied and then some. I have been turkey hunting for 16 years in Wi and have never seen any thing like this in my hunting career. I have applied every year and have receivied tags every year. Yet some people that have applied year after year after year never get drawn, whats wrong with that picture. I have my regular season thatI apply for and same zone. I will take more than one bird this year as my family has more than 250 birds on our property. We own 360 acres. Whats wrong with that picture? Can you spell P-O-A-C-H-E-R Bait. I know one tom is banned. Wont be for long. The DNR is goiong to regret what they have done.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:49 PM
JW
Super Moderator

wis_bow_hntr

While I must agree - this extra tag thing did not go as I bet the DNR planned....and yes some did get double tags...saw it too....[but I bet the DNR knows this also! So let's see what they do!]

And the deer census is in the samw boat!

Knowing all of this - IT WOULD NEVER EVER CAUSE ME TO POACH! If you do you risk loosing the priveldge you have now.

I for years never ever recieved a 2nd turkey tag. Never - so I went by the rules and when I was issued a second tag by mistake - I turned it back in. However I did log on after midnight the 1st day and did purchase another - all legal.

I am sorry you feel that way but again I must remind everyone here - Hunting today is a priveledge - not a right!

If you know of people who took two tags - and laughed about it - turn them in! Tehy are cheating both you & me!

JW
Old 03-26-2006, 06:27 PM

I go to fleet farm and stand in line I was 11th or 12th. They gave out numbers. It hit 12.01pm and they called 55. he gets his tag. They call 56. Then there was a nice ling 30 min wait. The security stands up and says the WDNR servers were down. Boy was I and alot of other hunters pissed. There was a good 3-4 dozen in there. So the security guy says we can still give out tags for Numbers 56 to 65.
That right then in there got me even more pissed..I was Number 66. So I walked out. went to work. Went back after work and 4th week was sold out. So I got the 6th week cause I already drew 5th. What a bunch a BS

Quick Reply: Wisconsin bonus tags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.