Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

SOUTH CAROLINA HUNTERS

Old 03-18-2006, 10:35 AM

Default SOUTH CAROLINA HUNTERS

Guys, I am loooking at the SCDNR's page and I'm confused about what liscenses I need to turkey hunt. I know the NON-RES Big Game Permit is $100. Is that all I need???

I want a weekend hunt down there so a 3 day permit would be great but I don't see one. Help a fellow turkey thumper out!!! Thanks...
Old 03-18-2006, 11:17 AM

Default RE: SOUTH CAROLINA HUNTERS

I really don't know exactly what the law is for out of state hunters. The best thing to do is contact the DNR and ask them (just google sc dnr). They will be able to let you know. For in state hunters we need a hunting license, big game permit, and turkey tags.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:41 AM

You'll need a 3 day non-resident and big game permit. Then you'll need to apply for free tags through the DNR or stop and pick them up at a store on your way down. Cost is $140
Old 03-18-2006, 04:34 PM

Additional $$ for public land also
Old 03-18-2006, 09:16 PM

Just keep your ass up there. We have enough people bumbardin' us during the first week. No offense, but we are trying everything we can to get a "resident only" first week on public land.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:21 PM

I'm sorry for that post. But, you just don't know how it is with our season coming in before the NC season. I about got into a fist fight with a few NC hunters last year. Most of them that come down here are RUDE AS HELL and will set up 40 yards from you. Had one almost hit my truck trying to get around it to a place where NO TRUCKS WERE ALLOWED and not to mention I was SET UP AT.

Everywhere you look, nothing but NC tags for the first week. But nothing will change b/c its all about money.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:32 PM

First off i was going on a self-guided hunt on private land so your not talking to me...second whther your from NC,SC anywhere, we are all turkey hunters. STOP DRAWING A LINE IN THE SAND...man any way you divide a group there are bad apples, bad lawyers, doctors, politicians, bad actors, and bad turkey hunters as well. Any hunter who can't treat another hunter like they themselves wants to be treated has no respect from me. WOULD YOU BE OFFENDED IF I TOLD YOU TO STAY IN SC??? i would never do it because your a fellow hunter and divided we are trouble.

THINK ABOUT YOUR MENTALITY BECAUSE YOU ARE REALLY MIXED UP!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:27 AM

I am a great guy and fellow hunter. Trust me, I think hunters should stick together. When an argument breaks out on the forums I am the first to try to end it and say "lets stick together"...don't beleive me, read my stuff.

BUT

Its gotten to the point to where they are thinking about decreasing our bag limits due to out of state hunters. I wish no harm on you, from your posts on here you seem like a great person and fellow hunter. You just don't understand. The turkey hunting here in SC is being ruined by out of state hunters that flood in b/c our season comes in before theirs.

When you state gets to be like this, then you will see what I am saying. I love my fellow hunters, but you know what I love more? HUNTING!!! Its getting to the point where we have to "teach" the birds not to gobble.

Over the past few years a lot of the old turkey hunters that i envy have been telling me this, but it wasn't until last year that i started to see it myself.

Would I be offended if you told me to stay in SC? No.

Its kinda like the IL deer hunters feel about out of state hunters. Some states have even stopped out of state hunters almost all together..they have to be drawn.

Why do you think people flock to SC to turkey hunt? B/c of the early season, liberal bag limits and what use to be abundance of birds. What happens when you get too many hunters? You ruin a good thing.

You are right, I shouldn't have posted that, if the mods want to, they can delet it. Its just something that has been kicking my ass and over and over on this forum all you see is "sc turkey hunting". Its like SC is the only freakin' state that has turkeys.

And when you put up with as many out of state hunters as I have on SC WMA lands and not snap, you will be a good man.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:32 AM

And you are right...that wasn't "directed" at you. Just in General. I know how that post makes me look, trust me, but something has to be done. I never get mad about really anything. You just have to see what i am talking about.

Hopefully it will come up for vote soon to change public land to resident only for the first week.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:01 AM

maybe you just need to find a different spot to hunt...

Quick Reply: SOUTH CAROLINA HUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.