Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Hey Ya all !   all the way from FL >

Hey Ya all ! all the way from FL

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Hey Ya all ! all the way from FL

Old 03-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey Ya all ! all the way from FL

Glad to see the board is rolling along. I started hunting here in Florida on Saturday opener and have found it a little tough. The birds are henned up real bad and they seem to be very quiet this year. A few gobbles from the roost and once on the ground they are closed mouth. I have been doing ok with it as I have had two clients out and both have killed. The client I had out yesterday and today was a young lad 14 years old. We had some close calls up to today , but he finely grounded one this morning. The leases we are hunting are new , so scouting and hunting is taken place all at the same time. I have to say ,it sure seems to be getting easyer as I figure out the new areas.

So far 100% success, but then it can change in a quick hurry.

Lots of Nap time as both birds have been taken around 10:00 am

I'll drop back a little later. See ya all ! ...BT

Old 03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hey Ya all ! all the way from FL

sounds like fun any time you can hunt and scout new areas is exciting and challenging wish i was down ther with you
Old 03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh you have it so bad...[8D][&:] Your hunting in Florida and I'm here in PA...waiting, waiting......at least it's suppose to reach 60's this weekend....but I'm still waiting, waiting....
Old 03-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

You luckybum! Must be nice hunting already.Just got another inch of snow this afternoon here in northern Mn.6long looong weeks yet till I get to have a go at the birds! Good luck for the rest of your time down there!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats to you and the lucky hunters!! sounds like you guys are doing alright!! good job!!! get some pics on here when you get back!! have a good safe hunt! keep on pounding them!! i want your secret for pounding tight lipped gobblers when you get back!!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, low and behold, it's our little buddy from up north checking in!!
I bet your sick of eating oranges already aren't you!!! LOL!!!!!
Like Rob said, were still in the snow up here!! Must be nice sunning yourself down in Florida!! Just think, you can make a heck of a cooling fan with one of those turkey tails!!!!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Lots of Nap time as both birds have been taken around 10:00 am

Sure am glad I don't need a nap after a mornin of huntin.That's a sign of gettin oldCongrats on the success bud.
Old 03-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

it s not a sign of getting old, just getting up at 2, lol.......i'm so happy your down here having fun.......my hunt starts on the 18th.......10 more days and counting every second.......they've been some gobbling fools out.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Adrian, sounds like you're having a ball. Can't wait to get down that way on the 18th. Sure tired of this cold weather. Keep up the good luck!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey there Adrian - from what you describe - birds after 10 AM - sorta sounds like the classic - "Okay I have raped everything I have found, all that flew down with me,and now it is time to find annudder as the girls have left me!" syndrome...

hehe

Say how big are your Mosquito bumps? Seen any snakes! Yuk!

JW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.