HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   The Freak by Primos or Lynch Foolproof (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/135322-freak-primos-lynch-foolproof.html)

bnzartman 03-04-2006 09:55 PM

The Freak by Primos or Lynch Foolproof

I'm new to Turkey hunting and want to start getting some calls. I've heard a lot about the Freak by Primos for a slate call and the Foolproof by Lynch for a box call. Which would you guys recommend? I'm not getting both yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. I want to get one of them before my trip to Michigan May 1. Thanks for your time.

bnzartman 03-04-2006 10:31 PM

RE: The Freak by Priomos or Lynch Foolproof

Sorry for misspelling Primos.

turkeyhunter_15 03-04-2006 10:35 PM

I have the freak crystal and the fool proof...Nether are that great. I dont like the sound they give out. I did call in a turkey with freak. one time
Honestly. I would spend a little extra and buy a Quaker Boy Eradicator (Slate) And a Primos Cuttin Striker. It has superb sound. and called in many birds with it last year. Just my opininon

bnzartman 03-04-2006 10:40 PM

I think I fixed it. This site is nice, did not know you could go back and edit your own post.

Gobbling Buck 03-05-2006 06:44 AM

If I were to make the choice between the 2, I'd choose the Freak. Not necessarily because of the sound, but because of the way it is used. Also, a slate type call is easier to change the tone of the call by simply changing the striker you use. Basic strikers are fairly inexpensive and easy to find and can really make a difference in the sound of the call. Remember to sand a slate type call often and only sand it in one direction and sand your striker tips as well (not to change the shape, but to keep it clean).

jghoffman12 03-05-2006 07:14 AM

I use the Freak and i also have a lynch raspy hen box call. i like them both. I bought the freak call for 2 reasons: i like the sound and with a couple strikers the sound can be changed, and second, i'm no good with a mouth call so i can strap the freak to my leg and call with 1 hand.helps me limit my motion.Just remember, calling isn't the most important thing in turkey hunting so you can get away with less than perfect calling and still get a bird. good luck

Mr. Longbeard 03-05-2006 09:12 AM

Out of the 2 you mentioned... I'd get the freak:)

fl.huntress 03-05-2006 09:17 AM

don't go in the woods without my freak.:D

mobow 03-05-2006 09:25 AM

I like the Lynch, but if it were me, I'd get the World Champion over the Fool Proof. The Freak is a good call, though, too.

nate23 03-05-2006 04:29 PM

Crystal Freak. I have a plastic, green striker, that I have no idea where I even got it from that sounds awesome with the Crystal Freak,but it sounds pretty good with the woodenstriker too.