HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   How's everybody killin time til.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/135138-hows-everybody-killin-time-til.html)

ktbearpaws 03-03-2006 10:27 AM

How's everybody killin time til....

TURKEY SEASON!!!!
Been trout fishin and coyote huntin but....it don't do it for me!!

countrymudder 03-03-2006 10:41 AM

RE: How's everybody killin time til....

scoutin..workin, and goin to college..but im ready for turkey season!!

mauser06 03-03-2006 11:00 AM

gettin good grades in college right now...tuesday i dont have class(work and study day) and thursdays i only have a lab for army class...we paint ball and fun stuff like that.....so that leaves me with 2 days plus saturday and sunday...i started trout fishing already...im ordered stuff to make my own spinners for trout...starting that in a couple hours! soon as i get home! lol...i go home every weekend and help dad split wood...and to see the girlfriend....im going to start hand carving a few strikers for the calls since i lost a few last year....while im fishing im in GOOD turkey habitat so im ALWAYS scouting...itll be here soon enough.....time is flying for me...i still cant believe i graduated highschool a year ago....and practiaclly a year of college under my belt!

countrymudder 03-03-2006 12:10 PM

I have to go home to work every weekend so i dont have much scouting time right now..but when i get out for break, which is soon,ill be scoutin a lot and then season opens..i also just graduated high school a year ago and almost got a year of college under my belt too.

turk2di 03-03-2006 01:16 PM

Dashing from one hunting site message board to another;)

scmtnhnter 03-03-2006 01:24 PM

huntin yoes ,hogs ,scoutin and fishin other than that orderin a few things .also keepin kids out o trouble that takes most of my time .

Zdeerslayer 03-03-2006 01:37 PM

mainly hunting coyotes and ice fishing.:)

Mr. Longbeard 03-03-2006 01:42 PM

Heading out in about 2 hours... Will be in the woods bright and early tomorrow... Also going to incorperate a pattering session this week end:D

Bmac313 03-03-2006 01:53 PM

Mainly just scouting.

Hunter06FlKy 03-03-2006 03:02 PM

i've been going to school, scouting, patterning my shotgun, plinking, hog hunting, and for the past week being sick [:@]. hopefully i'll get over it soon so i can get out and do some more scouting even though i have pretty much all of my areas pretty well scouted out.

levelgrape 03-03-2006 03:18 PM

Living on this site during work...and getting a jump on my calling skills etc...

huntndad 03-03-2006 05:30 PM

Listening to tapes on locating and CD on turkey sounds at work. Also ordering more turkey calls.

Posted 03-03-2006 07:51 PM

Gunshow here in Wichita tomorrow. Been patterning loads, sighting in rifles, lurking on here, and getting ready to start the scouting. Oh and then there's work...

jghoffman12 03-03-2006 08:00 PM

trout season opens tomorrow am here in kansas. going at first light and tanning a coon hide in the afternoon.also practicing calling and getting gear ready

mlo3135127 03-04-2006 11:31 AM

Photographing them.

mlo3135127 03-04-2006 11:35 AM

I have thousands of pictures.

MOTurkeyTamer 03-04-2006 03:36 PM

Calling coyotes!;)

Gobbling Buck 03-04-2006 03:56 PM

I've been getting my gear ready, driving the wife bonkers practicing my calling, making box calls, ordering new gear, and trying my best to get my honey do list completed. ;) Nothing worse than season starting and the wife pointing out how many items haven't been complete.:eek: I made a deal with her that she had me from the end of deer season to the beginning of turkey season, but from March 15 to Apr 30.........I'm free to chase longbeards. I try to tell her there are other crazed turkey people besides me, but she doesn't believe it. March 15 can't get here fast enough!!!

Fullback24 03-04-2006 09:44 PM

Trout Fishing, messing with my calls and sorting my vest out for about the 25th time, spending time with the kids, and my bluegrass band is in the process of cutting our new CD.

Bobgobble2 03-05-2006 05:49 PM

Like this Ktbearpaws.......He's smilin at ya....I like to hunt hogs...

Arrowmaster 03-05-2006 06:18 PM

Ive been out in the evenings doing some roosting. Other than that Ive been working my pet turkeys here at home hard.

ktbearpaws 03-05-2006 06:48 PM

Yeah!!!!!!!!
Kinda reminds me of myex wife!!!!!!!! LOL
By the way where'd ya git that pig?

Bobgobble2 03-05-2006 10:25 PM

ROFL!!!!!KT,took that big nasty just east of Palo Cedro,Calif!!!It was pretty awesome to say the least...:)

Dr Andy 03-06-2006 05:54 AM

trout fishing in Arkansas and pheasants at the hunt club,patterning my gun and scouting but mostly waiting

JW 03-06-2006 06:13 AM

did sum At&T turkey scouting over the weekend....littl Ole ladies told me all I needed to know about now!

And killing time making wingbone calls....watchin - turkey TV videos at the same time....

JW

ktbearpaws 03-06-2006 09:26 AM

What kinda pig is dat?
We got russian boar round here.
And what did it weigh?

buckmarlin 03-07-2006 07:40 AM

I removed all my feeders, patterned guns, scouted my leases and laid ceramic tile in my kitchen. oh i repaired and freshened up the colors on my decoys too. this weekend i'm going to sit in the woods in the early morning and listen for gobbling. my season starts next wed march 15th. i'm about to pop.

Bobgobble2 03-08-2006 09:09 AM

Kt,he's a russian cross as our 99% of our hogs around here.Shot him with a 30:06.Had 3 1/2 cutters,and was just a shade over 300lbs...:)