Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Albino Turkey

Old 03-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Spike

Default RE: Albino Turkey

nice pictures...those albinos are really cool! this is my first year in the sport so im hoping for a bird
Old 03-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

They have some fat ones at Tyson Foods Plant.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:04 AM

Okay, went out eairly yesterday to do a real up close and personel check on my turkey population. Found out alot of stuff. First off, the white turkeys are pieblads becuase they do have black on them mostly their bellies. There are two of them and they are hens.

Have three toms for sure, had them within 20 ft of me. Too close for the camera, but it was a really great show. Turkeys don't like cracked corn like I was told. love digging up your food plots though. Turned one of mine into their strutting zone.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

These birds you speak of are called "grey" turkeys. As I stated before it is the faze that they will go through before they turn all white. Eliminate all of the grey,albino,piebald or whatever you want to call them. Before they poisin the rest of your flock. Grey turks will cause you nightmares, been there done that!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Pie-bald is not completely white, The hen in the earlier post I would almost consider a gray color phase.An albino will be completely white with no black or brown or any color of the matter. A pie-bald whill be white with brown-gray -black splotches on it. Kind of like a cow, or a german shorthair for that matter.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:19 PM

Eliminate all of the grey,albino,piebald or whatever you want to call them. Before they poisin the rest of your flock. Grey turks will cause you nightmares, been there done that!

Tell me of the nightmares. I thought they were neat to look at. But, if there is a problem I would really like to know about it. Thanks for the help and any information.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 10 years ago we finially started getting some wild Turkey up here. One local farmer thought he would help them flurish by buying some wild turk chicks raising them and releasing them. They bread in fine with the other turkeys for a couple years then all of a sudden all these off colored birds showing up. Well long story short, the warden got sick of trying to pick off all the grey ones they finially shot the whole damn flock! They are inbread and are known for carrying disease. Things may be different down south but if "grey" turks start showing up around here. The DNR comes a shooting, game over start over. It suck but it is a fact.