Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

i hate knight and hale

Old 02-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i hate knight and hale

knight and hale calls are actually made just outside of the town where much of my family lives in ky. david and harold are really nice guys, my uncle have met them both. one thing about their calls though is that david and harold don't actually own the rights to knight and hale calls any more. they sold them a year or so ago. they still do advertisements for them but don't physically own the the company. i have seen the farm where they do alot of their in ky video shoots.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:34 PM

The Lonesome Hen is agreat call when used correctly; however, if you do not like it, and want to try a different push-pin call, I just tried the new Knight and Hale call, "the Tom Coffin." I have never used one of its kind that made such sweet sounds with so little effort. I recommend it if you want a great-sounding call. Only 14.95 at Wal-mart. Knight and Hale are some pretty good KY boys and I enjoy most of their calls.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Easy on the "hate thing"there bud....The lonesome hen as already pointed out can be a deadly call,but it very simply put is not made to last..hence $15.00.I've killed turkeys with its aid also but since have moved to better more quality scratch calls,and so can you!!
Old 02-28-2006, 12:30 AM

I bought one a few years back and wasn't pleased with it.

I don't really think its made to be an all around call. I think its mostly for low purrs and putts. It sounds good at low volumes, but when you try to make lounder sounds with it, it sounds terrible.

Its the only Knight & Hale call that I've ever bought and didn't like. I love their pot calls. To be mass production, they are good stuff.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:51 AM

ive tried the push pin calls before but i have never liked them. But thats my opinion, as you can see, other people enjoy using them but not me..they just dont sound so good to me.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:02 AM

I bought a p/p call a few days ago and love it, of course it is a Primos not a N.H. but none the less I went through several brands before finding the current death trap I like.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

relax

#1 I wouldnt ever get a push button call
#2 Knight and Hale isnt bad its just the push button calls
Old 02-28-2006, 02:12 PM

i did not mean i hate knight and hale the people i dont like the turkey call so you all can calm down
Old 02-28-2006, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Young scrapper you have a lot to learn... You only get what you pay for in the good ol USA
Old 02-28-2006, 07:28 PM

that's what turkey hunting is all about. trial and error. that's why there are so many toys to choose from. you'll try several calls before you find one that you like and have CONFIDENCE in. if you have confidence in your calling, shooting, setup, camo, location, you've won half the battle. keep trying. the next challenge is trying to pawn off or trade the calls you don't like on someone else

Quick Reply: i hate knight and hale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.