HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   What is your favorite brand of calls (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/133420-what-your-favorite-brand-calls.html)

stuckinthereeds 02-18-2006 04:42 AM

What is your favorite brand of calls

Just making conversation.For mouth calls andfriction/slate calls, I usually stick with HS Strut. I have Primos locator calls. I don't have a specific box call brand that like. I made my first box call and will probably take that out with another store bought one this year. Any suggetions. Also has anyone ever used a wing to brign them in?

Tree climber 02-18-2006 05:59 AM

RE: What is your favorite brand of calls

I make my own scratch box calls. they work great for me. I also have a wingbone I made 25 or so years ago.it has taken many birds.
I have one slate(Quaker Boy) I use to purr with. also use Prefection (Blue One) to cackle with.

4calls is all I need in my vest.really don't need but the one scratch box, the rest are just extra's.

Mr. Longbeard 02-18-2006 07:55 AM

I have a Gramms Mountain side that I bought at the Harrisburg show about 12 years ago... Anyhow
it's prob one of my favorite friction calls... As far as mouth calls go... Definetly K&H premium mouth calls:)

Ifly 02-18-2006 09:58 AM

The most realistic sounding friction call I've got.. or ever heard is This little turtle shell call I made . I've got a copper call ordered from Prairie Game Calls I've heard a lot of good things about. The Lynch Jet Slate has called in more gobblers for methan any other slate call and right now I like Legacy mouth calls a lot.

bradisthebest 02-18-2006 10:11 AM

I have alot of calls but my favrite ones are my Quaker Boy box call and for slate i like primos.

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-18-2006 10:33 AM

River Valley Game Calls....though I do carry several other manuf in my vest.

buckhunter14 02-18-2006 12:13 PM

K & H

longbeardbuster 02-18-2006 12:56 PM

I like Preston Pittman mouth calls like the Black Diamond and Xciter.
As for slate calls I like Bud and Betty and recently have started using
slates made by Southern Outlaw Game Calls in both slate over glass and
glass over slate. I have several box calls but the one that sounds the
and I like the best is an old ugly camo box call made by HS Strut.

Bugeaters 02-18-2006 03:01 PM

mouth and slate calls and locator calls are all primos. i have tried the hs line of mouth calls and don't like them as well as primos. jmo.

Bugeaters 02-18-2006 03:01 PM

i use a primos call for my mouth slate and locator calls.