Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Beard displays...

Old 02-17-2006, 01:29 PM

Default RE: Beard displays...

Here ya go. Had a few beards in the basement that I didn't know what to do with, just strung them up with the spurs in between.

Old 02-17-2006, 04:52 PM

ranchand99 ; don't let it bother ya. just let it pass. I have taken 3 with one shot one time , didn't mean to but did.so no problem.

I can't do the shotgun shell thing b/c of the triple beards.I guess I'll come up with something.Thanks for the suggestions.
one thing you may do. take the shell and split it long ways with an 1/8" slot.then slide the multi beard down the slot letting them hang down and mt. that to the plaque or post or what ever you have.just an idea.

I did one like that for a guy once that had 5 beards.looke pretty good.try it and see how it looks to you.

tell your friend , congrats.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 PM

They make a good brush for flintlocks.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

Tree climber that's exactly what I came up with earlier today.It's not the best looking in the world,but the blue silicone kind of matches the burgundy of the federal shells.I think it looks ok.I am going to run a string through them all,and have them in a wad,b/c of the 3 with one shot theme I'm going with.I'm going to trim some more of the excess silicone off tomorrow.Hereare the beards.

He had left the legs out in his barn,and the weather had severely damaged them.Only one had kept it's black shade.I even had to glue one spur cap back on after cleaning them,but you could never tell which one.I put a coat of clear polish on them,and it really seemed to bring some of the color out,even though they look greyish,which actually looks good with the clear/silver glittered beads.It's better than the chalky white color from before anyways.The bones wouldn't get very white,but I think the light brown/reddish tint looks good.Here are the spurs.Thanks for all of the help.Ifly that is smooth!

Old 02-18-2006, 06:17 AM

rh ; they look good.glad they turned out like you wanted them.
post a pic. of the finished product when you get them all together.I like to see the different way different people do them.
hope you friend knows what a friend he has in you.good luck this season your self.hope you get to fix your own.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I would of got that tripple beard mounted

Maybe he will get one with4 beards this spring
Old 02-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks TC!I most likely would have too Mr.Longbeard.He is luckier than me so maybe he will.I got my first double bearded one last year,but just couldn't get the money up.I decided to go with some camo string,instead of the leather string,and that way the beards,and spurs would match.This is the finished project.I'm disappointed in all the blue silicone on the triple,but there was really no other way,without pulling them all seperate.It looksalot betterstraight on,but I took the angled shot to show the beards.It looks kind of cool,how they all stick out,just like if he was standing upright.I still say the blue matches the burgundy.The light of the flash makes it look worse than it is.[:'(]We'll see tomorrow what he thinks!

Old 02-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Where's maytom, his beard displays are wonderful....

Yo Maytom...
Old 02-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the plug Rob.