Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

florida turkey hunting

Old 02-02-2006, 12:57 PM

Default florida turkey hunting

do you guys know any good turkey hunting places thatis public land in central florida???????????
Old 02-02-2006, 01:27 PM

Default RE: florida turkey hunting

richlom and greenswamp are suposed to be pretty good.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

Be prepared for hordes of hunters if you hit one of these. Tough to find a spot where someboday ain't. Its more a matter of avoiding other hunters than hunting turkeys.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hawglips

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

Be prepared for hordes of hunters if you hit one of these. Tough to find a spot where someboday ain't. Its more a matter of avoiding other hunters than hunting turkeys.
that's very true. i may try to go out to greenswamp sometime but they're a little too crowded for me. i plan to hunt private land unless when i get out there there's absolutely no sign of turkeys whatsoever. about public land turkey hunting though, it can be very dangerous if you get there where there are other yahoos shooting at anything and everything that might be a turkey.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

I want to go to Fla. to complete my slam sometime now I am scared might get shot and overcrowded does not sound like fun to me any private land owners want to bow hunt for elk?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

wish i was a private land owner...i'd take you up on that elk hunt in a second.
y'all should check out Bull Creek and Three Lakes...also Three Forks.
you can camp at Bull Creek and I think you can also at Three Lakes.
both have a lot of hunters but it's public land...you just need to get out there and go beyond everyone esle....you can use google earth to start scoutin'....three lakes is the better choice.
make sure y'all bring a snake boots and a thermocell!!! if you need any other info feel free to email me or pm me.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Fla huntress any other specialty items other than the thermocells and snakeboots?
Old 02-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

just the basics you'd bring on any turkey hunt...if you are new to turkey huntin' then let me know and i'll make a list out for ya but it's tons of stuff....i would highly suggest bringing skeeter spray just in case it's windy...the skeeters in the spring are unreal....the thermocell works awesome (the best invention since sliced bread) but they don't do very well when it's super windy....you may want to get some trek lites or some other type of lightweight clothing cause it gets HOT!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ultimag

I want to go to Fla. to complete my slam sometime now I am scared might get shot and overcrowded does not sound like fun to me any private land owners want to bow hunt for elk?
i hunt some private land with turkeys but i can't make any garauntees. and yes i would like to bow hunt for elk.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

hunter06 I know there are no guarantees in hunting I am an experienced turkey hunter just need some good places to go I have some real good elk spots with a full camp mostly public land non residents must draw a tag I can P.M. some pix of the last couple of years looking to go to Fla. in 07 or 08 thanx Bill

Quick Reply: florida turkey hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.