Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

anyone scotting yet???

Old 01-31-2006, 05:16 PM

Default anyone scotting yet???

I saw three jakes to day, 4" maybe 5" beards.heard one of them try to gobble.that was funny.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: anyone scotting yet???

I saw about 40 today at a farm about a mile from my house. These birds are there quite often. They feed with the cows out in thishuge cut cornfield. I actually picked up a hen the other day from this flock that got hit by a car and made a pair of wingbone calls. I can't wait for the season to start here in NH.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'll be scouting and patterning my shotgun a week from saturday.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:18 PM

I don't usually start until around the 1st of March or so around here. Gotta wait for a little warmer weather!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Watched a flock of 12 jakes w/3 adults yesterday from my bowstand for about 2 hours - lots of squabbling going on. This afternoon, the last day of our MD bowseason, had a hen come in and land just ~15 feetabove me (my tree stand was 30 ft high), while another one landed ina tree about 40 yds away. We just all stared at each other to while away a windy afternoon together. They flew down near sunset to find a less crowded roost, lol.
-fsh
Old 01-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been seeing lots of birds Tree!!Around the 1st of march they'll begin to move into there spring patterns/areas.Then I'll get alot more detailed..
Old 01-31-2006, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

never quit looking for game.....im in the woods EVERY chance i get.....if i aint hunting something else im fishing....always looking for new spots to hunt...checking on the old spots.......keeping an eye on things....deer hunting i found alot of birds.....and saturday grouse hunting i checked on another flock...they stump me......spring and winter they are ALWAYS there.....fall turkey i can NEVER find them...the area is only close to 11k acre state game land....and im only about a 30min walk from the truck....but fall i went back there many times......a couple deer hunting...never seen turkeys or sign....then in turkey season.....turkey season i made giant loops that would take 3-5hrs....couldnt find the birds or sign....every year its like that....i just cant find them......grapes and nuts all over the place so its not like they move OUT for food in the fall..im betting theres a secret spot loaded with grapes they goto.....ill find it sooner or later!! lol.....cant wait.....hope me and dad get together to tag team them the first day.....miss hunting with dad.....used to be both of us working getting the same days off was tough.....now im at school and hes working....but i got 3days a week to hunt this spring.....plus im done in the middle of the season....pumped...i cant wait......i am busting out the calls this weekend when i go home
Old 01-31-2006, 09:28 PM

A real turkey hunter never stops scouting!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

not really.......2 more days of the hog hunts and my season will be over cept for small game, so i'll be concentrating on turkeys this coming weekend and after.....i'm trying not to get to into it yet because i know as soon as i do , it's the only thing that will be on my mind.......
Old 02-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

saw 2 different flocks yesterday... 50 or so in 1.... a doz in the other.... the Doz were ALL mature toms.... should be a good spring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.