Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Action in Missouri already >

Action in Missouri already

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Action in Missouri already

Old 01-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Action in Missouri already

My buddy and I decided to go coyote hunting Saturday afternoon. Upon arriving at our calling location I could hear a fighting purr sequence going on. My buddy and I snuck up low an dbehold there were two gobblers fighting to beat all get out. We watched them fight for over 30 minutes.There were other gobblers there with them and YES they were gobbling like it was spring. What action. We forgot all about coyote hunting and before we knew it they were flying up to roost. So much for a coyote hunt. MAN I AM PSYCHED FOR SPRING.

Like I always said"Hi my name is PAT and I amTURKAHOLIC "
I am on a six step program though... 6 steps from the end of my arrow

Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 AM

Default RE: Action in Missouri already

ORIGINAL: Pat_Ely

. MAN I AM PSYCHED FOR SPRING.

Pat, hang in there! EXACTLY 12 weeks from today, we'll be out there with guns and calls in hand!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:13 AM

Right there with ya Pat. I have been practicing with my new broadheads, and scouting the areas for Spring. I feel it will be a huge year. Quote me on that.....!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Great! Just let me know when 2b there
Old 01-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to here from you Pat!Sounds exciting for sure!I agree Coyotestalker lots of birds....we've got a flock of 23 jakes been running around all winter!
Old 01-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a promising spring for you fellas
Old 01-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds awesome!! I am getting very excited! I've got all my calls out and I'm starting to get everything ready to go.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pat,Sure am glad to hear things are goin well for ya there.Sounds like you should have a great Spring
Old 01-30-2006, 06:34 PM
VP

Glad all is well for you in Missouri Pat,Sounds to me likeyou have a couple of opening morning candidates signed up !

I passed thru up your way several months ago heading to Ill, after getting thru St Louis we must have seen CaBaZillion birds in the fresh cut corn fields up there. That sure is some gourgeous country you guys have..... Makes me want pack up camp and transplant !
Old 01-30-2006, 06:52 PM

I can't wait either.

Anyone know why the change too MO turkey opener this year? For 20 years the rules in the MDC book has said that the spring firearms turkey season would open the 3rd Monday of April. Why then is it opening the 24th (4th Mon) this year? That is gonna put the season only 1 week in April and two in May. That is REALLY gettin late and based on the non-existant winter this year, the birds are gonna be hard pressed not to be breeding fully during the early too mid part of April.

WTH is goin on in Joplin?
RA

Quick Reply: Action in Missouri already

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.