HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   knee hi boots (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/130733-knee-hi-boots.html)

ultimag 01-28-2006 06:21 AM

knee hi boots

rubber or neoprene insulated or non I am thinking non insulated with heavy sox not decided on rubber or neoprene what yall think

Wingbone 01-28-2006 06:36 AM

RE: knee hi boots

I don't think that neoprene would stand up well against thorns, barbed wire, etc. I'd go rubber.

JW 01-28-2006 08:27 AM

From Bass Pro about 45 bucks - Red Head Bone Dry

are 1000 gram thinsulate - slip on and off better than LaCrosse - take a beating - are rubber with fabric camo - I wear them year round with a thin pair of cotton and a heavy wool sock - I wear them when I judge dogs even in summer. On my second pair as they last me about 4 to 5 yrs.
Has an aggressive sole for slippery conditions.

JW

maytom 01-28-2006 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

I don't think that neoprene would stand up well against thorns, barbed wire, etc. I'd go rubber.
I've got news for you, the rubber ones won't hold up any better!!! I'm on my third pair of LaCrosse Burleys as we speak!! Sticks have put more holes into these boots that I care to count, yet alone thorns or "barbed wire"!!! One thing about the rubber boots, you can'troll the tops down, because they will crack right at thefold over time, been there done that. The Neoprene boots can be folded over without a problem. If I had to make a choice right now, I'd go with the Neoprene's!!

Wingbone 01-29-2006 09:48 AM

I agree with you. I think the quality of the rubber is worse since they startedimporting La Crosse boots. My US made pair of Burleys has lasted me several years. While I got cracks in my imported Granges after only a year. I still think that neoprene is more suseptable to being ripped.

wis_bow_huntr 01-31-2006 07:03 AM

My neoprene boots stand up pretty good to throns and heavey brush and they are comfortable enough to wear all day. Keeps feet warm and dry.

ranchand99 01-31-2006 09:27 AM

I prefer rubber hip waders when reading some of the posts here(Not this thread).But seriously I would have to say neoprene also.

hawglips 01-31-2006 12:16 PM

Rubber. I wear them all the time, including all day quail hunts in briars.

Hal

maineac 01-31-2006 03:30 PM

I can only speak from limited experience. I can only wear out a pair of boots so quickly. My old Burleys lasted about 8 yrs. I have a pair of ruvbber grange boots, about 3 years, and a new pair of the alpha burleys (neoprene/rubber cross) 2 years. I have been impressed with the comfort and reliability of the LaCrosse products. I had a buddy who got a pair of the Cabela's rubber boots, but he found them uncomfortable.

Grizzly Albert 02-03-2006 08:40 AM

I bought a pair of LaCrosse insulated boots (1800 gram thinsulate)for a trip to Alaska. Heavy for walking but the warmest boots I've ever owned.