HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   WI tags (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/130675-wi-tags.html)

wacker 01-27-2006 04:42 PM

WI tags

The tags have been drawn and you can check on the DNR website.
I have the 3rd season.
Does anyone know how they will be selling the extra tags?Online?

24/7 hunter 01-27-2006 05:01 PM

RE: WI tags

I got zone 22 week 4. the wisconsin outdoor newspaper says if there are any remaining tags for that zone and time period you want, they go on sale march 10 at license sales locations, over the phone or online. You can buy one permit a day until the tags for the zone and time period are sold out. Im planning on buying one, but you should probably buy them right away mar. 10 in case they sell fast. good luck

paintbrush 01-27-2006 07:02 PM

Got mine for zone 2 May 3-7.That makes 3 states good to gowith 1 more to get yet I hope. South Dakota praire tag.

ultimag 01-27-2006 07:08 PM

paintbrush areint those prairie tags agiven all you have to do is apply?

wis_bow_huntr 01-28-2006 07:17 AM

Zone 21 May 3-7 bring on the big boys cause im gonan have a lot of shooting to do this year. Since last summer we have had 2 flocks roaming our property. Each flock averaging about 90+ turkeys. I have been scoting since right after gun season and have picked out a tom or two already. Good luck everyone.

JW 01-28-2006 07:46 AM

- 5th season - always go after this season......

Good luck!

And ya know I'll be going after a 2nd, 3rd, what ever I can get as my group has never gotten a second tag - never.

So I am more than happy to have the chance as the place I hunt always has more tags available than hunters who apply!

Whohooo.

JW

paintbrush 01-28-2006 08:27 AM

ultimag: No, Praire tags are issued in limited numbers and in certain zones.They have to bedrawn for. The Black Hills tags are given in unlimited numbers.All you have to do for those is apply.

KONK 01-30-2006 11:13 AM

Unit 35 April 26-30

ironranger 01-30-2006 07:29 PM

I usually get things ready for the draws for our group as just after deer season is over I'm on it. In Minnesota, you can put in for one time period and then I think a 2nd choice. We just put in for one. This year, we put in for May 2nd to 6th and got it. In Wisconsin, as a non resident, we usually get drawn for later seasons as we pick all time periods and roll the dice. That way, we can hunt every year. This year we got drawn for May 3rd thru 7th so we've got overlapping seasons. Works good though as the vacation needed will be less but only 3 days each state to hunt. That will be an awesome 6 days though and I can't wait for spring...