Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 These Boots are Made for Walking .....! >

These Boots are Made for Walking .....!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

These Boots are Made for Walking .....!

Old 01-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default These Boots are Made for Walking .....!

Who sang that song

Just kiddin ya !

Turkey hunting Soles ? What to you like for tread patterns on your boots ?

I've used a number of different boots and they all had some different soles.

I just bought a new pair of Snake Boots , all custom made and had to pick a sole that I wanted on the boot. Well one thing I hate is when I'm out moving in wet slick grass or a little mud , climbing up a small grade and %$$#%$&%#% , &@%$#$&%#@%$# I got mud on my chin ! and I'm on my back , gun laying in the grass covered in water and mud...

I went for an agressive sole on these new boots , but not the most agressive , I need something to take some of the sand action I may get across the Country.

Anyone every look at the Soles of boots before they Buy ? ...BT
Old 01-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: These Boots are Made for Walking .....!

First thing I look at.Nothin worse than huntin in the mountains and slidin back a step for every two ya take.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Adrian, sounds like you need a knee high pair of "golf" shoes buddy!!
Those nasty spikes should keep that short stocky body of yours on good ol' Terra Firma!!
[:-]
Old 01-26-2006, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Turkey hunting Soles ? What to you like for tread patterns on your boots ?
I have always used LaCrosse Burleys (olive drab green/chevron soles) but a few years ago, I bought a pair of the Realtree Hardwoods camo Burleys with the airbob type soles. I wore them about 1 day and that was it! They felt like cement blocks on my feet compared to the original Burleys! I did like the airbob sole better than the chevron soles, but the extra bulk and weight was a killer! I relegated the camo boots to treestand use where not much walking is involved and have gone back to the plain 'ole Burelys. They are hard to beat for turkey hunting, IMO!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya ever see a fat boy in the mud ? its like a Hog in quick sand ...BT
Old 01-26-2006, 07:17 PM

Adrian who makes your custom boots? Can anyone recommend a good boot with real good traction. I ordered the new Rocky Rattlers but they didnt feel right.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

mountainous and steep terain air bob soles nothing less acouple of years back i was hunting with some flat landers from Wisconsin and every step they would take they would slip and fall meanwhile i was sidehilling and going straight up with my hands in my back pockets laughing
Old 01-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerslayerSC

Adrian who makes your custom boots? Can anyone recommend a good boot with real good traction. I ordered the new Rocky Rattlers but they didnt feel right.
My boots were made by Russell Moccasins. They have different soles to choose from...BT

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots...ultralite.html

Old 01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see old Blue Eyes daughter did the original that i know of and it was destroyed by someone else lately, wonder who told her she could sing!

I have a pair of Hermanns, guess they are out of business now. but love them, water proof, light and have a sole like most of our military boots, go traction, light enough to walk all day and still keep the feet dry!
Old 01-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like the tread on my Irish Setters, problem is they aren't waterproof anymore.

Doesn't matter how many people tell me how great gore-tex is, I'll never be convinced. I've spent way too much money only to have to stop, take off my boots, and ring the water out of my socks. Yes, I've tried the treatments made for these boots.
I bought a pair of Bone-dry rubber boots (great tread) with no insulation, but with good socks I'm more comfortable with cold feet than soaking wet feet.

Quick Reply: These Boots are Made for Walking .....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.