HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Who has to wear glasses now? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/130000-who-has-wear-glasses-now.html)

maytom 01-22-2006 09:35 PM

Who has to wear glasses now?

Some of us guys are getting up in the years now, and I was just wondering how many of us "younger" guys (lol) now need to wear glasses??
I'm still lucky that I don't need them for distance wearing, but I do need them for reading!!!! How do you guys that have to wear them all the time prevent them from fogging up on you when your all camoed up, and breathing hard when a gobbler is closing in on you?
:eek:

kevin1 01-23-2006 05:40 AM

RE: Who has to wear glasses now?

I've worn them since the third grade , and now have bifocals . They can be a pain for fogging , especially on damp mornings . Polishing the lenses with liquid dish soap can help , so can wax for ski goggles like Cat Crap . Directing your breath away from the glasses will eliminate it altogether , but that can be hard when wearing a facemask .

NavyDeerHunter 01-23-2006 05:40 AM

Younger guys? Okay, well at 42 that must include me. I had laser eye surgery two years ago and it was great for the first year. Now i'm back in glasses. I only need them for distance so they are a must for driving or hunting. However, I force myself to wear contact lenses into the woods and wear my glasses at all other times.

Adrian J Hare 01-23-2006 05:44 AM

D@mn you Paul [:@] You have to bring this up didn't you. I have been fighting this for a year now. I have the same problem you do and it seems to be getting worst as I now have a problem dialing the phone. My one eye that I use for looking in scopes seem to be the worst one out of the two and have to wonder if the scopes have been the problem.

I watch Jim in the season run around Blind as a Bat and can not find stuff so he wares these Big Ol Pop bottle glasses , He looks like Pamala Anderson with a Martha Stewart head on [8D]

I'm not looking forward to the day I need glasses all the time :eek: ...BT

paintbrush 01-23-2006 06:49 AM

I'm 49 and have been wearing specs since I was 11.Biggest problem I have with them is when you heat up after a long walk and then sit down in the cool spring or fall air. The glasses will fog up every time. Got to take them off for a few minutes to cool down some.I tried contacts for a while but could never get use to sticking my finger in my eye,plus I lost one hunting one time and it is a real pain being able to see good out of one eye while the other is all blurred.

turk2di 01-23-2006 08:07 AM

Well Maytom, i have worn glasses since i was 10 and needed them earlier but didn't know it. Only when i missed a squirrell by three feet that Dad said was only 15 yds did they he become suspicious of my eyesight. I also adde noline bifocals a few years back. Can't see well at all further than elbows length away. They occasionally fog up but i can limit it effects by getting the lens to my mouth and fogging them up myself.

RIStrutStopper 01-23-2006 10:14 AM

You can get some anti-fog stuff to treat the lenses with. I have some made by prestone that worked for me last year. Fortunately, I can see well enough without, so I kinda stopped wearing them this past season for bowhunting. I have problems with binoculars and rangefinders when wearing glasses, so to me its just easier to not wear them. Also, the Midwest Turkey Call Supply catalog has this headnet made by Buckwing that claims to be anti-fog because of a moisture absorbing liner. That may be worth checking out.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-23-2006 01:52 PM

No glasses here but I can tell the vision isn't what it was up close and personal.....no reading glass but I'm aging daily.

JW 01-23-2006 01:56 PM

dang it been wearing glasses since 2nd grade...

from focals

to bi-focals

to tri focals

to focaled outa existence.....

Now use a scope!

The real pain is for close work gotta take dem things off!

Ain't gettin old fun!

JW

Hunter06FlKy 01-23-2006 03:28 PM

i'm 16 and wear glasses. it can be a real pain trying to hunt with glasses. most of the time i'll get up a couple minutes early and put my contacts in. that generally ends the hassle.