Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mouth calls!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Mouth calls!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, i just bought a new primos mouth call and found out how hard they are to work and all i can do is cluck. Does anyone have any help they can give me to work one of these any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
Old 12-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mouth calls!!!!!!!!!!

Just keep practicing and adjust how hard you press on the reed and adjust your air flow. It will come to you. I have a few primos mouth calls. Took me a few trys before I got them down. Im really a quaker boy fan myself.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Primos has a CD out that really helped me learn to use a diaphram call... Check it out you can get it Walmart.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use Lohman's, they have a 3 pack that I really like. All I can say is try a few differant brands, they will all fit differant in your mouth, find and use the one that feels the best, you may even try and trim one to fit if necisarry. It is a little easier when one fits comfortable, and practice, practice, and practice. Good luck.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mouth calls are the tuffest type of call to master if you never tried them before. The "gag" reflex alone will turn most people off. Stick with it and keep practicing, sooner or later you'll learn how.
Asking what brandis best,is like asking what car is the best. Everyone has there favorites. I happen to like Knight & Hale mouth calls, but that's me. One thing to remember, they "are" the deadliest calls out on the market because you don't have to use or move your hands while calling.
You can keep your cheek up against the stock of your gun while calling, which is what makes these type of calls very deadly!!

Old 01-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

it took me quite a while to get used to mouth calls and to get good with it took even longer.