Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

gobbling

Old 12-03-2005, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default gobbling

these florida birds are gobbling fools already, this is the second weekend in a row that i have heard gobbling, tried to get video of the one from this morning but i got too close and he spooked off the roost, but it sure was great to hear that gobble again......it's going to make this wait til opening morning loooong...i did hear a jake testing out his vocals about a month ago, but this is only the 2nd yr. i have heard them this early.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: gobbling

thats great, that will always get you going... but trust my your wait isent as long as our wait here in PA. we have to wait till May
Old 12-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool Ma!!!A few birds gobbled here during the fall season when they got all rambuncious chasing each other around playing but nothin on the roost!It'll be awhile here before that loving urge kicks in!!I think it was 29degrees this mornin!The frost just started showin up last week!![&:]Dang it wheres my scraper!!!!![:@]
Old 12-04-2005, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ma,you sure know how to tease a guy[&:]Heck,It's still deer season here.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm not a tease them dang gobblers are, lol.....and it's too danged cold up there, poor birds, lol.....it's still deer season down here too, that is why it is so hard, lol.....i'm loving it though, i take my camera in , it can video too, so i've gotten some audio and pics, no actual birds on tape though, not yet....
Old 12-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ma , its kinda nice to hear the birds let loose in the fall. Here in Ontario the Nov. 7th I heard a few different Gobblers sounding off in one area. Kinda gets the Blood flowing so it does.

...BT
Old 12-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Adrian J Hare

Ma , its kinda nice to hear the birds let loose in the fall. Here in Ontario the Nov. 7th I heard a few different Gobblers sounding off in one area. Kinda gets the Blood flowing so it does.

...BT
it sure does [8D]
Old 12-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard 2-3 gobblers Sat at sunrise. It was cool, especially we released them last year.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

a couple weeks ago i was blessed enough to have a group of gobblers gobble for 30 minutes non stop and then a deer hunter shot twice so they shut up for a few minutes...then they started back up for another 15 minutes...that made my entire day...first time i heard gobblers go off like that in the fall...they were more vocal than they are in the spring...it was truly amazing....i couldn't believe it...can't wait for spring gobbler season...whoo whoo!!
Old 12-08-2005, 11:36 AM

That would be awesome to hear that at this time of year.
Tell those birds to take it easy until I get down there in April. I would hate for them to get a bad case of lockjaw between now and then.
In 23 years I have only heardone turkey gobble in the fall.
All I ever hear in the fall is a few clucks and some wing beats.[8D]

Quick Reply: gobbling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.