Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey calling

Old 11-16-2005, 09:41 PM

Default turkey calling

i tryed turkey huntin this spring with my uncle,(unfortunetly i did not take anythin) but i wanted to try to take one with the bow. I have heard them on the neighbor property and i wanted to try to call one in and try to take it with the bow. well i got a diaphram today that my mother brought home to day that see got for free and i have figured it out after tryin a while but i was wantin some tips on callin in turkeys in the late season and also i will be headin back out this spring to try it agian wit the shotgun, any help yall could provide would be appriciatied, thanks,

Also any place i could read about callin and huntin stratagies that yall could reccomend i will look into. Thanks again.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: turkey calling

Get a vhs or dvd from one of the big call makers. Many companies produce these educational videos. Also, pick up a cd of turkey sounds. It'll give you some calls & sounds to practice.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Spike

Go to the National Wild Turkey Federation website. You can listen to the calls,find out a lot about the turkey habits etc.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Tiogaflinter

Go to the National Wild Turkey Federation website. You can listen to the calls,find out a lot about the turkey habits etc.
I would have to second that. Alot of god info to pu. I would also look and see if you have a local NWTF chapter and join it. Nothing like getting info and tips from the source. You can make a lot of new hunting buddies also.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Taking one with a bow is tough. Make sure you have a good blind to limit them seeing you draw. I would say kill a few with a shotgun before ya try your bow. Just my thoughts Arrowmaster
Old 11-27-2005, 06:59 PM

there is a world of knowledge at these sites

http://www.turkeyhuntingsecrets.com/

http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/