Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Shotgun question?

Old 06-14-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Shotgun question?

Next week i am going to buy a new turkey gun, my question is it is going to be a browning bps, strictly for turks, already have moss 835, and 935, but really like the browning bps.
Now i am undecided between the 10 or 12 gauge, and the nwtf model with the 24" barrel, or either one with the 26" barrel, please help soon. thanks for your time.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:15 PM

Default RE: Shotgun question?

I have a Browning BPS 3" mag and love it to the end. would not trade it for 3 of the Mossberg's.just me. it has taken many, many long beards.the 10 ga. IMHO is just a loy of kick for no more kill power. 24" barrel with turky choke is really great.
My gun with Winchester copper plated #6 shot will do one in quick time.never had a wounded bird with it.
don't think you can go wrong with it.

good luck on what ever you get.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-16-2005, 04:02 PM

One of America's best kept secrets is the Stoeger 2000. According to the Benelli Reps, it's the finest gun made in Turkey today.

It uses the fabulous Benelli Enertia System.The Benelli system does not use a gas tube so it is faster, stays cleaner and doesn't use any of the ammos energy to eject a round. It's without a doubt the best shotgun on the market today.
A Benelli SBE II costs about $1300.00

The Stoeger 2000 comes in 3" while the SBE comes in 3 1/2". However the 2000 can be had for $359.00 from Sportsmans Warehouse Stores. (Camo is $399.00)

I will be taking delivery of mine in a few weeks. I'm getting the 26" in Max 4 3D Advantage camo.

It comes with 5 choke tubes including an Extended Full Turkey tube that was factory designed to provide an ideal pattern out to 40.

I looked at the 24" in Timber HD camo too but I decided for a more versitile gun.

http://www.stoegerindustries.com

Check it out. You might be surprised.

Bill
Old 06-19-2005, 05:13 PM

The Stoeger 2000 is one of the best overlooked turkey guns on the market. This gun patterns better than many guns tht cost $1000. I believe they will catch on in the future when people see what kind of gun they make.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:43 AM

Gentlemen of the jury.

I stand before you and speaktruth!!

I can't believe how well made the Stoeger 2000 is! The craftsmanship is simply fabulous! The machine work is every bit as good as any Browning, Benelli or Beretta I've ever seen.
Look for yourself and see.

Benelli licenses their revolutionary action system ONLY to Stoeger Industries. For all intents and purposesthe Stoeger 2000 isa Benellithat handles only 3"but doesn't have all the accessories of it's big brother.

What's ina name you ask?
The Stoeger name is what throws most people.
It isn't a name that EVERYONE knows so they won't buy it even if it's betterAND less expensive.

A Mossberg is VERY low quality when compaired to this shotgun. (Side by side and stripped down to reveal it's true identity)
Please don't believe me, seefor yourself.

The amazing thing is that the2000 can be had for less than 350 bucks.
Can you get a gas operated 935 for $350.00? (new in box)

As a matter of record,every Gas auto uses 10% of the ammunitions energy to cycle the action. That means that a load leaving the barrel at 1500fps out of a pump/Benelli would chronograph at 1350 fps out of the standard auto.
Allgas automatics get dirty and jam frequently because the barrel is actually part of the action and the ammo residue gums things up. A Benelli's barrel islike a pump gun's and can be replacedjust as easily.

Turkeys and Geese are tough to harvest and giving yourself a handicap is not awise thing. This is exactly why as a serious duck hunter, until Benelli changed the rules, I hunted with a pump.

Tom Knapp holds the worlds record with aBenelli.

The Stoeger 2000 = a 3" Benelli SBE

The ONLY down sideis the 2000 isnot chamber for 3 1/2". SO WHAT!

I rest my case.

Bill