Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Found my desire......... >

Found my desire.........

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Found my desire.........

Old 06-02-2005, 04:52 AM

Default RE: Found my desire.........

Nice bird congrats to you! By the way I am in a dry spell right now myself so I know how you felt. This was my 2nd year not killing a bird!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:36 AM

Excellent job!

He's a beauty!
Old 06-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This year was my first year in several that I was really motivated and on a mission when it came to turkeys. Thank fully I had a great year and I am already fired up about next season. Congrats to you.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for you replies everyone. I miss the season already. Didn't get to take my buddy out last saturday, so I kind of ended on a good note with my bird, but I was still anxious to help someone out. Oh well, I think I found a good spot for next year anyways!

Hey quiksilver...........I'm glad you brought up bow season - I just remembered I still have a treestand hanging up in the woods that I forgot to retrieve.........[:@]
Old 06-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey quiksilver...........I'm glad you brought up bow season - I just remembered I still have a treestand hanging up in the woods that I forgot to retrieve
or at least you did have one
Old 06-03-2005, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Hey quiksilver...........I'm glad you brought up bow season - I just remembered I still have a treestand hanging up in the woods that I forgot to retrieve
or at least you did have one
Hey, if you can get this one out of the tree, I'll let you have it!! But I wanna watch. I put it up for PA gun season, so it's up for keeps. Sad that you have to hang stands that way nowadays though......
Old 06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your bird. This year I finally broke my dry spell too. I had tag soup the last two seasons, left a bad taste in my mouth. 2 years back, I had some decent action, just didn't get to pull the trigger. Last year was terrible, didn't hear a gobble til the last day, and it seemed like a mile away. Saw one bird last year beating wings as I was entering the woods... All the other ones I saw were safely strutting on the other side of the posted signs [:@] This year wasn't so hot either, but I did score on a nice tom just the way its supposed to happen, one week following an action filled day and a miss... I can't wait until next season.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:14 AM

Handsome gobbler, congrats!
Old 06-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Mike on a fine gobbler!!!Persistence always pays if coupled with an honest effort!I find that hunting pressured gobblers that get hassled all season can leave a hunter frustrated and eventually tired through the course of a season/seasons!Even gobblers that are henned up can make a hunter want a throw in the towel with no gobbling after fly-down....But keep after em and eventually things fall in place and in many cases taking a bird like this is by far more rewarding than killing birds that are not woods wise!!Thats why its huntin and not killin!!Great pic Mikey!!!