HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   Rob/PA scores late almost too late...(pics) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/101320-rob-pa-scores-late-almost-too-late-pics.html)

Rob/PA Bowyer 05-26-2005 08:18 PM

RE: Rob/PA scores late almost too late...(pics)

TomC, thank you very much. You like that pattern on his head...:D almost too close again, I'd imagine my wad bouncing off his head. ;)

RIStrutStopper, Exactly, a great end to a great season indeed. But alas, I'm heading out tomorrow to listen for my friend on Saturday....wish us luck.

Maytom, good luck Maytom and thanks, this one didn't go for a ride in the truck. I walked out my front door for this tom.....and it was great for a change.

rybohunter, thank you sir, a chess match is a great way to sum this one up....I thought he was going to kick my butt but the jake decoy on the hens tail feathers must have been too much.....

Strut&Rut, I thought the beard a little thin as well. But alas, it'll look great in a flying mount for my log home. Last years bird is all but done, got a call to pick it up in a couple weeks. Half strut, gobblin off the limb if you recall last years trophy...pictures to follow.

Huntnma, thanks girl, how you makin out down south?

Bowtech9, thank you as well.

Mikey S., thanks Mike, I was glad to see the birds gobblin so much this late, in fact I've been on gobblin birds all season, it's been extraordinary.....got the spellin right this time...LOL

NewbHunter, thanks friend, I noticed some grammaticals in my story but what the hell, I was/am excited and the fingers don't match the brain sometimes. Great hunt, great season thanks, all.

turk2di 05-27-2005 04:57 AM

Better late than never! A big congrats!

PABowhntr 05-27-2005 05:57 AM

Congratulations Rob. Beautiful bird and nice pics.

Rob/PA Bowyer 05-27-2005 01:19 PM

turk2di, thanks and probably better late than early, gave the whole season to chase that bird all over....well worth the ending tho...a great finish.

PaBowhntr thanks so much.

Bobgobble2 05-29-2005 07:58 AM

Way to go Rob!!!I really enjoy the challenge of locking up with a bird like that!They always teach ya something and leave you with memories that last a lifetime...congrats on a fine gobbler!!![8D]

ClassyHunter 05-29-2005 08:22 AM

Congratulations on a great looking bird! The chase is what it is all about isn't it?

Rob/PA Bowyer 05-30-2005 07:30 AM

Bobgobble2, thanks so much, and yes, birds like him leave ya lots of memories. Last year I thumped my bird opening morning and although it was a great hunt and a better bird, it was over so fast....this bird made me work my butt off....and I wouldn't have missed the experiences for the world....

ClassyHunter, Your right, like I said to Bob....it was all about the chase on this guy, so many close calls, highs and lows, disappointments and excitement.....this season ranks as one of my best and would have had I not connected on him too. He would have haunted me til next season....LOL:D

Antler Eater 05-30-2005 07:37 AM

Congratulations Rob!

Neat story and great pics! Just goes to show that even when things don't always go right, sometimes "hard luck" stories do have a happy ending. :)

Rob/PA Bowyer 05-31-2005 10:37 AM

Antler Eater, thanks my friend. He was frusterating but at the same time, a great bird to hunt. I really thought he'd been older but I found out Saturday, a younger man was in there hunting as well. He was off his rocker with his calling ability and started calling way to loud, way to soon. I had a friend with me trying to get one of the other birds I had heard. We set up tight to a nice sounding gobbler when all of a sudden this guy starts in on his calls....the gobbler had answered me but once the other guy started, the bird walked away....never to be heard again that day.....might answer why my bird was shy......

MKMGOBL 05-31-2005 03:12 PM

Sounds like the seasaon I had in VT! It's a great feeling when you can vindicate yourself from a miss weather it's on a turkey, deer or a missed strike from a fish:D

Congratulation on hanging in there and closing out the season with an awesome gobbler bird:D