Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

ever miss ??????

Old 05-24-2005, 10:04 AM

Default RE: ever miss ??????

I missed one Sunday. I was riding my bike on a local bike trail and a big tom and hen were on the path. The hen stepped aside - the tom decided to try and outrun my bike. When I got up beside him he took flight - really neat to see one lanch themselves.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:34 PM

Me? Miss?? LOL.....Never! [8D][&:]
Old 05-27-2005, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

If ya ain't missed, ya ain't shot at very many
Old 05-27-2005, 08:40 AM

I have NEVER missed............

(Shhhhh , Shhhhhh, dont say anything HM)

Ok , well nobody has SEEn me miss.[&:]

Ok, Ok. One time at 8 yards.And one other time at 30.[:'(]
Old 05-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, for the first time this year, read my thread...lol The first of two times on the same bird for the first time ever and your right, you have to laugh.....I call it too close the first time...the pattern is way too tight when they are under 20 yards and with a fogged scope (excited breathing) it's tough....course he didn't stand still after he putted and took off running but I did send a second and third shot once he became airbourne...LOL

The second and I will confess, I over extended my barrel.....again excitement overcame judgement and once again he was in flight......good thing I connected on this bird yesterday because he'd been the one that haunted me til next season....[&:]
Old 05-27-2005, 11:02 AM

I missed my first year hunting them, he was in a field and I was in the field edge, I shot at him and missed. I then paced it off and he was at 70 yards!! It was a learning experience in how to judge distances.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never missed one with a gun during spring. I did miss one with my gun this fall but I hadn't shot it since the spring. I missed a couple with a bow a few years back. 1 was too far and the other too close
Old 05-27-2005, 09:41 PM

Never missed with my bow but I have missed the same tom 3 times in two years along with my dad, uncle, and two cuzins. I guess he is unkillable. I call him Ruben Stuter because he llikes to sing, hes big, and he is black. He has gobbled more than 80 times on the roost on any given morning. He is an Ocesola. I hope he doesnt die of old age before next year!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:48 PM

well, ive only missed 2 things i ever shot at, a doe, and a turkey at 20yds. i missed, then i stood up and watched the thing just kinda walk off. after i saw the head running away about 60yds, i decided to take another shot, just purely out of anger. [:@] i was so mad that i was ready to shoot anything that moved.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Moose75

I call him Ruben Stuter because he llikes to sing, hes big, and he is black.

LMAO

Quick Reply: ever miss ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.