Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
MOULTRIE Cameras Are A BUST! >

MOULTRIE Cameras Are A BUST!

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

MOULTRIE Cameras Are A BUST!

Old 11-09-2021, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MOULTRIE Cameras Are A BUST!

I think after nearly 25+ years I have purchased my last MOULTRIE trail camera. I just recently bought a MOULTRIE wireless camera and just like the last few, it worked for maybe a day or two. MOUTRIE really let me down, they used to make good, reliable cameras, now they make junk. No more for me.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, I hate to say it this way, but it sure seems to be the way trail cam's work
but there like pick if the litter some times
I have owned a LOT of trail cam's over the yrs since the late 90's
and have seen ALL brands make lemons
I personally never had any luck with moultrie camera's , or Stealth cam , every one I owned had issue's
and yet, have many friends that have nothing but good luck with them!
I quit buying both brands many time's
then like a idiot, I'll see one on a sale, and say, OK< maybe try again, only to be let down again ! and reminded why I STOPPED Buying "X" brand camera's

but again to be fair, I think when your dealing with trail camera's, that pick of the litter deal comes about due to the fact, camera' can get abused in the box and ruined because of how there handles, shipped, stored and so on!
and lets face it, GOOD employees are HARD to find for any company, then add in the amount of hands a camera goes thru from at the pace of being built, to being shipped, to in st gores, to shipped again,

so, typically, for me any how, I buy NEW from a place I can return if needed, I start using camera ASAP< to see if it will work or NOT
MOST camera's for me any how,
either work GREAT from day one till they stop(typically around the 2+ yrs running 24/7/365)
camera's that are JUNK<> tend to show so from the first few weeks of use, all the more so if first few weeks are in cold and wet damp weather, when problems seem to show up faster for me any how!
and if they act up at ALL< in the first few weeks, they get shipped back/returned for my MONEY back, if possible
I have owned very HIGH end camera's and very LOW end camera's and have had brand new one's of all price ranges fail, from day one to a few weeks in
BUT typically if things make it past the first say 3 months, they tend to last me 2+ yrs

I do have brands I have more faith in, or maybe just better luck with I tend to buy more of, but to be honest, I have had all brands fail from day one to any time past that!

they need better , or maybe stronger parts
on them, that hold up to mis handling /shipping and such! IMO

Old 11-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I tried 2 mid level Moultries and was not impressed. Decent day pics and they sucked at nite.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have always enjoyed my Stealths.. I am currently debating on setting my old Stealth Prowler out just to see if it still works. I am having some issues with a trail hawk that I had out for a year out back last year. But with all our weather I was surprised it even still worked. That one is around 4 years old now.. My new Stealth camera I am getting a few strange things going on at night that I am trying to figure out still though..