HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Spypoint Verizon Wireless Question (CDMA Towers) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/423363-spypoint-verizon-wireless-question-cdma-towers.html)

Big_Tom71 04-30-2020 12:42 PM

Spypoint Verizon Wireless Question (CDMA Towers)

First I want to say hello I’m new here so hello to all & thanks for any help!!

My question is I am looking at the spypoint Verizon Wireless Camera, I use a Verizon iPhone but my signal comes from a local network which Verizon partners with and both networks use CDMA service, will the spypoint use any CDMA carrier just like a cellphone does or do you have to be connected to a Verizon tower if anyone out there knows. I know you only have two networks GSM/CDMA so I’m thinking as long as it’s a CDMA network it should work just like you sending photos to someone using your cellphone but I might be wrong. If anyone has one of these and isn’t receiving Verizon tower but camera works fine please chime in and let me know please.....

Thanks To All In Advance

SportsmanNH 04-30-2020 08:02 PM

Hi BT You might to check out Ridgetec Lookout camera or a Spartan Go cam . Both have Verizon and ATT cameras depending
on what cell company you use. They have different plans for costs of amount of picture subscriptions.
I dont own either one of the cameras , but both are excellent cameras .
You can see lots of comparisons for plans and plenty of pictures and videos from both cameras at ChasinGame.com

The owner of ChasinGame.com , Anthony, is also an owner of Ridgetec and has designed a lot software and features on the camera.

bigmster127 05-01-2020 01:48 AM

just curious can you still use any of the wireless cameras as regular cameras meaning can i open package up and just put in woods like old cameras? also if i were to use the wireless cam can i have the picture or video taken just sent to my email adress not to a phone? thanx for any info.

Big_Tom71 05-01-2020 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by SportsmanNH (Post 4374906)
Hi BT You might to check out Ridgetec Lookout camera or a Spartan Go cam . Both have Verizon and ATT cameras depending
on what cell company you use. They have different plans for costs of amount of picture subscriptions.
I dont own either one of the cameras , but both are excellent cameras .
You can see lots of comparisons for plans and plenty of pictures and videos from both cameras at ChasinGame.com

The owner of ChasinGame.com , Anthony, is also an owner of Ridgetec and has designed a lot software and features on the camera.

Thank You For Info, It Seems This Is A Very Tough Question Because I Have Looked And Looked Can’t Find The Answer Even Wrote Spypoint Haven’t Heard Back From Them Either LOL, It’s Not A Very Tough Question Just Finding The One Person In My Shoes That Has Tried Or Has One In Use.....Anyway, Thank You I’ll Give Ir A Shot......

SportsmanNH 05-01-2020 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by bigmster127 (Post 4374913)
just curious can you still use any of the wireless cameras as regular cameras meaning can i open package up and just put in woods like old cameras? also if i were to use the wireless cam can i have the picture or video taken just sent to my email adress not to a phone? thanx for any info.

Yes. As far as I know you can use any of the cell cams as just a normal cam without signing up for a cell plan. With all this new technology , the older cell cams that run on 2g signal is scheduled to be shut down by the end of 2020. ATT has already shut down the 2g signal in a lot or areas. Those cams are now being used as just regular cams without cell service. The new cell cams are now running on 3g and some on 4g signal .

Big_Tom71 05-08-2020 07:51 AM

Ok, for anyone wanting to know about this question I got a camera in and it worked perfect in my area which answered my question, so if anyone needs to know the camera will work as long as you have in my case CDMA signal......

Thanks