Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Does Anyone Have Experience With Solar Panels For Trail Cams >

Does Anyone Have Experience With Solar Panels For Trail Cams

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Does Anyone Have Experience With Solar Panels For Trail Cams

Old 12-08-2019, 03:00 PM
Spike

Default Does Anyone Have Experience With Solar Panels For Trail Cams

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with solar panels for trail cameras? Was thinking of buying one, I want to save money on battery's and want to be using video mode on the camera, but video uses more battery power. Thinking it might be something to try. How well do they work?

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Spike

I had very good luck with them along with an external battery pack on my wildgame cameras. Seems now some manufacturers, like browning, are not recommending it.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also had very good luck using them, , but will admit I only used them with pictures, NOT video!
the main key is making sure its placed where it gets all day sunlight or as much as possible
on picture mode I would get over a yr out of battery's and that's with 500-900 plus pic's ever week!

Now when I had a moultrie with there way back when cell plan deal, even with the solar panel and a external battery, I couldn;t go more than 2 weeks without the battery;s getting drained!, but that was a older system, say, 2010 ere like LOL
I am sure the new er one's are more efficient!