HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Checked my cams this morning. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/422129-checked-my-cams-morning.html)

Phil from Maine 11-10-2019 07:49 AM

Checked my cams this morning.

3 Attachment(s)
<div style="text-align:left;">Hi all I went and checked 2 trail cams this morning. 1 of them was pretty much a dud with only a doe showing up. The other one had a spike and two does. But I also had a big bodied eight pointer show up and make a scrape right in front of it. Nothing big in the rack size but his body makes up for it. Man was I happy to see that fella. Any way here’s a few pictures of him. </div>

Bocajnala 11-10-2019 10:14 AM

That's a stud Phil.

How's that moose eating?

-Jake

Phil from Maine 11-10-2019 10:59 AM

Thank you Jake.. I took my blind in just a short time ago. I am hopeful that he will be back as he made a scrape right in front of my trail cam.

The moose meat is awesome and not tough at all . I expected him to be tough but he sure fooled me..

Champlain Islander 11-11-2019 01:55 PM

Nice deer pictures Phil. Glad the moose was tender. I haven't had much luck with moose being tender.

CalHunter 11-11-2019 04:12 PM

I still remember when you were dealing with the big C. And now you're eating tender moose meat. Congrats Bro!!

Phil from Maine 11-11-2019 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander (Post 4364466)
Nice deer pictures Phil. Glad the moose was tender. I haven't had much luck with moose being tender.

Yes CI it is quite tender. I cut it up myself my wife and sister vacuum packing it for. What a pile of work that was. I cut it all thin like deer meat and cook it quick. I have a few friends that are Native Americans ( Indians) that told me to do that with them. Cooking it slowly allows the grain in the muscles to pull together toughing it up. Thank you CI.

Phil from Maine 11-11-2019 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by CalHunter (Post 4364484)
I still remember when you were dealing with the big C. And now you're eating tender moose meat. Congrats Bro!!

You are right about that big C stuff. I didn’t think that I would ever be able to do all the things I am doing today. It has currently been 4 years since I started those dreaded treatments and while I still get run down easily I am still enjoying the stuff I like to do. I am also very great full of my sister making me her sub. She has let me keep his antlers which is currently being mounted. On a side note the antlers sizes were sent in by the tagging station for the Boone and Crockett standing. I am not sure how that works but suspect they will be on the low end of the scale. That really doesn’t matter to me as I am just as proud of it even if it was a spike.. Thank you Cal.

Bocajnala 11-11-2019 05:37 PM

This is a spike, Phil

You shot a MOOSE!

LOL

-Jake

Phil from Maine 11-11-2019 09:58 PM

1. Yes Jake, but a young moose can be a spike as well. My first moose hunt was a four pointer between 500 to 550 pounds. A spike could from 450 to 550 pounds. That pretty much depends on whether a late or early born yearling moose.

Champlain Islander 11-12-2019 07:42 AM

Been watching Northwood Law. Good warden show with a lot different parts of Maine.