HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   camera fogged up (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/421835-camera-fogged-up.html)

sniper001 09-29-2019 04:56 AM

camera fogged up

i have 2 wild game inovations camera that works fine in the house ,but when i put them in the woods dont seem to get many pics of deer ,i know the deer are there and visit reguraly ,i have them in a swamp and noticed the cameras are fogged up in the pir window and lens window in the morning when i go get them ,i had one camera there but deceided to put 2 camera there to see if they both were acting the same and both cameras are taking the same pics ,i know the deer are there because i have been in my blind when they come but have no pics of them and the cameras lenses are fogged up ,can the fogged lens and pir windows stop the camera from detecting the deer

Oldtimr 09-30-2019 05:04 AM

Sounds like you answered your own question, if they work in the house and not outside. Take them back for a refund or exchange.

mrbb 09-30-2019 07:31 AM

odds are its not the camera's fault, its the temp swings and condensation building on the lens, pretty much all camera's can have this issue when environmental things cause fog/condensation and such
you wills ee this on your car windshield;as temps change too and moisture levels change in the air!
you can TRY treating the len's with things like Parkers anti fog, and or even just shampoo, or what ever you wish
it will help some, but the placement of your camera in a swamp is the issue IMO

I have run cam's for 20+ yrs, being by water and humidity, tempo swings and such will play havoc on your camera's and ruin many in short order
dampness and water, and electronic's never play well together for long!

you can TRY building a box and or a larger roof like and placing camera in/under it, to help curb some of the fogging too, but will get white wash when taking IR pictures!

its just part of life when you have glass and plastic like len's and you have a lot of moisture near by, as temps swing /and air pressure changes, fog will happen and build on len's!
I wouldn;t be blaming the camera's for this!

if they work in dry conditions, then its the moisture that is causing the issue's
unless you can get rid of the moisture, your going to have same issue with other camera's if placed in same spots!

Oldtimr 09-30-2019 01:36 PM

He did not say f the condensation was on the onside or the outside.

sniper001 09-30-2019 02:56 PM

Condensation on the outside lens was the problem ,pir window fogged up and camera could not detect motion ,i put shaving cream on both lens and wiped it off ,next day i had 145 pics on both cameras ,problem solved

Tracker22 10-25-2019 07:37 AM

Shaving cream, interesting, im having the same problem, maybe i will have to give it a try.

mrbb 10-25-2019 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker22 (Post 4363345)
Shaving cream, interesting, im having the same problem, maybe i will have to give it a try.

soap shampoo and like things will,prevent fogging on len's
BUT many will have a STRONG scent that will alert deer to them
so might be better off using something that has less scent to it!
if your deer are more scent wary