Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

No Bucks

Old 10-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Spike

Default No Bucks

Hey there,

So i live on a very small road with only about 20 houses on the street, I don't own alot of my own land, just 2 acres behind my house, but the deer still come to my yard at night. Anyway we have does and fawns come all the time, but there's never any bucks, the last time i saw a buck was on one of my trail cams back in July, he was only maybe 2 years old at most, little 4 pointer. Well come mid August he gone, no where to be found, never saw him again, that was the only buck I ever saw around here in about 5 years. I mean wouldn't i see more bucks around in the last 5 years! I did only start running trail cams about a year ago but still. Anyway let me know what you think. Where are they and why won't they come out.

P.S I posted a couple pics below, if anybody has a better idea of how old he is, would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails No Bucks-mfdc7748.jpg   No Bucks-mfdc7750.jpg  
Old 10-25-2019, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Bucks seem to have better sense than most doe.

Ex- I was running corn one time and I had 680some pictures of doe. They would show up, eat, bed down, hang out.

I had maybe 10 pictures of bucks. They never stopped to eat, and most pictures were blury meaning they were just cruising through.

The bucks are there. You're just not getting them on camera. I get the most bucks on camera when I'm set up on deer trails set back in the woods aways from an edge. Not right on an edge but back in 30-50 yards.

-Jake