Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail game cam?

Old 08-21-2019, 06:37 AM
Spike

Default Trail game cam?

I use Browning, Covert & Reconyx and had Primo's trail cams. All of these cams have failed intermittently to capture photos. My question is what trail cam do you suggest that is a reliable camera that works MOST of the time & thanks.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

I've used Browning, Stealth Cams and Cabelas game cams. So far, I prefer Cabelas but they are made by some other company with Cabelas' name on them. I have been unimpressed with Stealth Cams. It doesn't mean there aren't other good cameras out there. These are just the ones I have personal experience with. There are several members who have much more extensive experience with different game cams and they should chime in fairly quickly.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO all the low to mid range camera's are like pic of the liter, some times you get a great one, some times you get a good one and some are JUNK, even if you buy 5 of same model at same times, some might be great and others not so
done this many times to give this opinion on
ever cheaper brand cam will have many good reviews and many BAD, and this is why

when you get into top tier cam's, you find more GREAT reviews as IMO they have better parts, and QC before they leave there company's
are they worth the added money??
sometimes yes many time s NO
as face it, most of us ain;'t wealthy and most of us ain't making money off hunting!
I have owned a LOT of brand of camera's and all the lower end models and brand s I have owned and used over 70 trail cams, from 35 mm film up! started using them in the late 90's

I have had ones that worked good and made me buy more to only have them be JUNK< and again I buy many 3-5 at a time and seen how same model and make, work and don;t?

the amount of cam's I have had stolen over the yrs
have me ONLY using cheaper one's in 90% of places I run cam's
pick of the litter IMO
buy what your budget thinks is a good deal and PRAY you get a good one LOL
I won't even bother naming a company here, sorry
but just my experience on a LOT of cam's over a LOT of yrs running them 24/7/365
just replaced battery's in 5 of them today been out for over 3 yrs NON stop, the other two of SAME model, died in almost the first yr< so, 2 died fast, 3 still working fine?
if I told you they were junk based on the 2 dying
or if I said they were great based on the 3 still working, which would be the one you take for opinions on it?
Old 08-27-2019, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 6 Stealth Cams and really like them. All have performed well for me, batteries last a long time, and pics are pretty good. It’s the G30 model I have which is an older model now. I have had them for 4 or 5 years now.

CalHunter, I’m curious what you don’t like about your Stealth Cams?
Old 08-31-2019, 09:56 AM
Spike

There are sooo many brands but personally i like Bushnell Trophy Cam HD.... I thought this article will help you alot- https://opticsaddict.com/trail-game-camera/
Old 08-31-2019, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Rob, I tried 2 cheaper stealth cams (2-pack for around $100 or so) and a higher end stealth cam (G42NGNC). All of them take okay pictures in the daytime and poor night pictures. I expected poor night quality from the cheaper stealth cams but not from the more expensive G42NGNC). I don't have game cam experience as extensive as mrbb but I've been running 12 different game cams for a few years now and my opinion(s) were based on my experiences. I don't own a G30 so can't speak to their quality. How good are your night pics?
Old 09-01-2019, 01:14 AM
Fork Horn

Ive done several test with various brands off my porch. I live in a condo on the bottom floor. I lock them to the support beam for the balcony above me. My Brownings capture more than my stealth cams and wildgames by far.
Old 09-01-2019, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

I should add I only run my cams on video.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to place a few different brands on same tree/post and like and test to see how many pic's one would get over the other, done this over feeders and food plots and trails

I seen a wide difference in all the cheaper brands, even model to model
again, pick of the liter and why some love one brand over another
they all make a cam that works and some that work less than so well at times

only the higher end models seem to be the most consistent from my experience with them
I will admit I seldom use the video option,just not for me, and running too many cams'a battery's costs go up when I did LOL
Old 09-03-2019, 03:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love my Stealth cams as well. Just last year I purchased two trail hawks and have been very impressed with them. Although I will admit that one of them in video mode messed up a couple of times. I still enjoy all the photos I am getting. Currently in under my apple trees I am getting over 200 photos a night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.