Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail game cam?

Old 10-10-2019, 08:27 AM
Spike

Moultrie's all the way for me.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only owned Bushnell and Moultrie trail cams. The Bushnell failed to capture a buck I harvested in front of the camera. I had many pictures on that camera but for some reason this particular deer had problems. It only lasted a year before going defective so that probably was the cause.

The Moultrie worked for years but tonight it failed to get a picture of a buck that passed in front of it. I passed a smaller buck who ended up in the direction of my trial cam. Unfortunately the weather changed dramatically, the wind changed from south to north with lots of rain and strong winds. It spooked him enough to run in perpendicular of the trial camera at less than 10 yards. I'm kind of at a loss on this one. Maybe running that close to the camera didn't set it off. I have another Moultrie still in the box if this one fails.