HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Moultrie video problem HELP!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/420151-moultrie-video-problem-help.html)

Tracker22 01-13-2019 05:33 AM

Moultrie video problem HELP!!

Hey guys
Hope all is well here.

I need some help on my video problem on my trail camera. I have a M50i trail camera and i am happy with it except for this problem. When an animal walks in front if the camera the camera will detect it and it knows its there, but for some reason the camera takes to long to start taking the video. By the time the camera starts to take the video the animal has already walked half way across the screen. And then i only get the animal walking or running the rest of the way. If any of you have ever experienced this i would appreciate it if you told your experience.

Thanks

Highoctane 01-20-2019 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker22 (Post 4350377)
Hey guys
Hope all is well here.

I need some help on my video problem on my trail camera. I have a M50i trail camera and i am happy with it except for this problem. When an animal walks in front if the camera the camera will detect it and it knows its there, but for some reason the camera takes to long to start taking the video. By the time the camera starts to take the video the animal has already walked half way across the screen. And then i only get the animal walking or running the rest of the way. If any of you have ever experienced this i would appreciate it if you told your experience.

Thanks

The M-50i has roughly a 2 second video trigger...Are you setting your cameras at an angle to the intended photo field? This will give the camera more time to "wake up". I have the M-40i which is basically the same camera. I have not had any problems with video on my cameras. Also, make sure your camera has the latest firmware update? www.moultriefeeders.com/firmware-faq Go here and see if you need an update.

Highoctane 01-20-2019 07:31 PM

The M-50i has roughly a 2 second video trigger...Are you setting your cameras at an angle to the intended photo field? This will give the camera more time to "wake up". I have the M-40i which is basically the same camera. I have not had any problems with video on my cameras. Also, make sure your camera has the latest firmware update? www.moultriefeeders.com/firmware-faq Go here and see if you need an update.

Highoctane 01-21-2019 04:40 PM

First thing, make sure your camera has the latest firmware update. Go to Moultries web page. You can find "how to's" there. Probably won't help but it never hurts for the camera to be up to date...

The M-50i cameras have a nearly 2 second video trigger. They also have a 43° detection angle but a 36.7° F.O.V. Which means the target should be in the detection zone when the camera can finally "see it"...Try setting your camera at angles so your camera has more time to "wake up".

MichiganWhitetails74 01-31-2019 04:35 PM

I would agree. You may want to check the angle of the camera and position. It's just not catching it quick enough at the speed the animal is passing through.

I run into the same problems in video mode. I would face it in line with the deer run to catch them straight in our straight out. Good luck!