HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Energizer LITHIUM Batteries (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/419986-energizer-lithium-batteries.html)

RidgeFACTOR 12-25-2018 07:14 AM

Energizer LITHIUM Batteries

I know this might not be the right forum to discuss this but I love all kind of hunting and setting out trail cameras, and I'm sure others might have had this same problem, and I would like your input. As far as I'm concerned, Energizer Lithium batteries are nothing but JUNK! I put out my wire trail camera a week ago, I installed 12 Energizer Lithium batteries and they were fried in less than a week. This is not the first time this has happened, earlier this season the same thing occurred. I thought it was human error the first time and gave these batteries the benefit of my doubt. Has anyone else experienced this same thing? As far as I'm concerned, I have had better success with Duracell in all of my other cameras.

mrbb 12-25-2018 07:39 AM

personally I have had great luck with SOME energizer battery's and NOT so great luck, after some digging I found out some of the battery's I BOUGHT off E bay were counterfeit branded battery's
so, heads up, that MIGHT be your issue
I used to be able to get battery's from work , there industrial line lithium energizer and they lasted better than anything I had tried
I ALSO bought some of them off Ebay and same deal, ended up NOT being REAL Energizer battery's and like you they didn;t last but a few days and died?

I am now using Duracell's LOL
and they get me pretty good life

but its a shame so many scammers are out there selling things under false advertising!

Nocked and Loaded 12-26-2018 08:33 AM

Energizer Lithium is all i use plus i run video and never a problem. I got my cam on 10sec. vid and on a good day it will go off 165 times dusk till done for at least a month and a half. whats your sensitivity set on ur cam maybe thats the problem dunno check ALL your settings.

elkman30 12-26-2018 10:48 AM

Kind of what mrbb said. Where are you getting your batteries at? You might not be getting genuine Energizer batteries.

CalHunter 12-26-2018 02:22 PM

I've been buying my Energizer batteries mainly from Sam's Club so I know I'm getting real ones and not some knockoff. There just about as cheap as Amazon and I can hold the package in my hands to inspect it before I buy. I have been getting at least 8K to 10K pictures per battery set. If you're getting duds, I'd contact Energizer and see what they can do. Doesn't help for missed pics or videos but at least they can recompense you for defective batteries.

EShoreMD 12-27-2018 03:50 AM

Im a huge fan of Energizer lithiums but think I recently got a bad pack from Sams club. I don't know how this happens. Ive tried them in several different cams and nothing! I mean nothing as in the cams wont even turn on. Tried them in the tv remotes and still nothing. Hopefully this is a once in a lifetime thing.

CalHunter 12-27-2018 02:56 PM

Take that pack of batteries back to Sam's but first you might want to test them on a battery tester. That way you know how many were bad, etc. I forgot to mention it above but when I change SD cards in my cams, I always carry extra Energizer batteries and a battery tester. I will test individual batteries in each cam so i know I'm leaving the cam with a set of fully charged batteries. I've noticed that some batteries run out of juice quicker than others but not the immediate failure you guys have seen.