Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

9 point

Old 11-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 9 point

In the recent years I switched to filling tags and not passing any deer which presents a high percentage shot opportunity. This year, I've captured night time photos of an 8-point and this 9 point both of which I believe are 2.5 years old. If I get a shot opportunity, they will likely get a pass from me in hopes they make it through the hunting seasons and the winter.

The 9-point rack looks bigger in this picture than it is. I have other pictures just not with me now. Nice deer though
Attached Thumbnails 9 point-mfdc2986.jpg  
Old 11-07-2018, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot for meat mainly. We have plenty of does where I hunt so letting the bucks go till they become wall hangers is easy. If I don't have a deer and its the last weekend though all bets are off. Last year I watched at least four 2-3 year old 8 pointers walk. Couple more years and they will be wall hangers. Hope they made it to this year.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice rack on him, but, for size he is probably pretty decent for your area. Up here they are more big body than racks for the most part.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in Illinois. Large bodied deer with very large racks are common. This 9-point would be hard pressed to meet the P&Y 125" minimum.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck either way. Here a few may have some big racks however most don’t. Just large bodied which is okay with me.