HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   UPS Truck on trailcam (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/419073-ups-truck-trailcam.html)

Phil from Maine 09-12-2018 04:06 AM

UPS Truck on trailcam

1 Attachment(s)
While I am not sure yet if the UPS truck triggered the camera or a bird or something else did but the truck is roughly 200 feet away..

I will need to do more research to know if the truck set the camera off or not..Still quite impressive in my opinion to capture it non the less..

rockport 09-12-2018 06:03 AM

Yep, definitely happens.

mrbb 09-12-2018 11:23 AM

I highly doubt it was the truck, as by the time the camera would wake up from it and the truck traveling at"X" mph, I doubt it would have gotten its pic taken that close to the very beginning edge of the pic's
I would say the wind blowing a leave fell or something else triggered the cam and well got lucky and caught the truck in it at same time
I am sure lots of trucks and or like vehicles drive down the road now and then and if they were tripping the camera's sensor, you would have lots of like pic's!
just my 2 cents here!

Phil from Maine 09-12-2018 02:23 PM

While I am not disagreeing with anyone. I will try and set it up where I can test it out. No there is not much traffic going threw there as it is a private drive going to a house up in back. I had my camera set up in this location for 2 days. So even though it is doubtful I still plan on checking it out. It surely will not hurt and that truck didn’t have enough time to pickup any speed.

rockport 09-12-2018 07:27 PM

I can't speak of your camera for sure but I had one about that far away from the road last year and it as a matter of FACT picked up vehicles. Took pics of the school bus every day.

unclefish 09-14-2018 04:01 AM

I also have had the big brown truck set off my trail cam probably 100yards from road. I kept getting the truck every day .

Bocajnala 09-14-2018 04:13 AM

Maybe size of the vehicle matters.

E.g. a car may not set it off, but a large brown truck does.

-Jake

rockport 09-14-2018 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bocajnala (Post 4341900)
Maybe size of the vehicle matters.

E.g. a car may not set it off, but a large brown truck does.

-Jake

It definitely does

mrbb 09-14-2018 11:59 AM

guess maybe a big brown truck throws off a lot of heat and wind, and maybe it blows something closer to the cam and trips it
I have run cam's for about 20+ yrs and never had any get tripped by a vehicle past 50 yards, but honestly never run my cam's close to a road, so, guess its a new learning for me with them if trucks can trip then at FAR out like that LOL
also think maybe when I first replied here I thought I read 200 yards HAHA< I have bad eye's and maybe read it all wrong from the get go
60 yards sure sounds like more possible deal now I think about it!

Chasingame 09-26-2018 10:55 AM

On my ridgeTec cameras I always get triggers out to 90 feet even in hot summer here in Georgia. quite often my cameras trigger on cars on the road that are 200 feet away.