Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Wireless trail cameras >

Wireless trail cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wireless trail cameras

Old 01-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Spike

Default Wireless trail cameras

Was looking at wireless cameras, any opinions on which ones work best and which ones have the best wireless system for sending the pictures. I have cell signal in the area.
I've looked at spypoint and Bushnell's,from what I understand from them is I pay them a monthly fee for the service but don't need to add anything to my cell phone service.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

There were some game cam topics that touched on this and IIRC, you could run your wireless cams through a carrier that was different than your cell account without any issues. I don't run wireless cams (at least not yet) so somebody else will have to chime in on this.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 AM
Spike

I have had the Spypoint Link Evo for a couple of weeks now and so far so good. Now mind you, this isn't one of the more expensive ones that texts the pics to you as it takes them...instead you set a sync schedule for it to sync the camera with the app. I have mine set for every two hours right now. It syncs and sends the pics to the app and you log in to see your pics. So far, I am loving it!
Old 02-22-2018, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Stay away from the high end Bushnell wireless camera, it's nothing but junk. I have one and got it off of Amazon, had it too long to send it back. The pictures were either all white or too dark to see the images. Would take pictures half the time. Battery life sucks. Nothing but junk and now all I have is an over-priced ($300) trail camera.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:56 AM
Typical Buck

I would love to be able to use them as I get older but unfortunately they are illegal here in Colorado.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:16 AM
ITI
Spike

I have spy point, moultree and spartan. I like the the spartan the most.