Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
What card reader do you use?  Need help >

What card reader do you use? Need help

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What card reader do you use? Need help

Old 12-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default What card reader do you use? Need help

I have a game camera w a sd card and don't know how to view the pics in the field. I am not the most tech savvy guy so would appreciate your help In Recommending s product and perhaps process.

I have a iPhone six and iPad Air. My laptop is less practical bc it does not have a sd slot. It does have a USB but would like to use iPhone or iPad ideally, or other card reader. Something easy pls
Old 12-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to view pictures in the field your best bet is an actual card reader. Mine is wildgame I believe. Phones,Ipads etc require internet to use unless they have actual sd slots.

I have 2 cards for every camera and swap them out and check them on the computer when I get home/back to the truck. I only use the card reader when I need the information before I go home or back to the truck.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Spike

I carry my phone with me and bought an SD adapter off Amazon for my c-type port. Works well, small and I don't have to worry about extra batteries. I have a Moto Z force so i have plenty of screen size to view pictures.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Conquistador
I carry my phone with me and bought an SD adapter off Amazon for my c-type port. Works well, small and I don't have to worry about extra batteries. I have a Moto Z force so i have plenty of screen size to view pictures.
Does it work without internet?
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buy extra SD cards and just do card swaps in the field and view pics back at home/camp with a laptop or tablet.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:07 PM
Spike

Boneview makes an SD card reader for both apple and android phones. No internet is needed. All you're doing is pulling the file from the SD card to the phone. You may need to download an app to put them on. I use I-USBKey on my iPhone. It's much more exciting to look at them while you're waiting in the stand.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

My Boneview works at my house because I have the internet. It does not work at my hunting cabin,

I was in Walmart the other day and i saw that stealth cam has a similar viewer as Boneview. I would try that
Old 12-20-2017, 05:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

My brother turned me on to a SD micro card reader where the USB cable stores in the body of the card reader. Plugs into the bottom charging port of my Android Samsung Galaxy 4 Android phone. No internet needed.
I can sort thru the captured Images on the SD card and open what I want to see or store the pictures right on my Samsung phone. I now can see images while out in the field quickly.
Pretty sure there is an Apple version.
Ten bucks at Walmart or Dunham's. Or a Farm n fleet.

Google WAl-Mart and micro sd card reader.

JW

Last edited by JW; 12-20-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you guys sure those don't require internet? Every one ive seen that plugs into a phone uses an app that requires the internet to function.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:57 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Guess I never thought about it.

I'll double check when I get back north.

I know it uses an OTG app. But no where while searching on the net did it say the OTG function needed the net.
So I don't know.

And I see now that picture I put up is just like the boneview.

My phone tells me it is downloading via USB and I find my photos in All Files under USB.
Pretty sure I dont need the net as it downloads faster than I can log on the net. But then I'm not a PC genius

Last edited by JW; 12-21-2017 at 05:18 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.