Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
best trail cameras >

best trail cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

best trail cameras

Old 09-04-2018, 11:43 PM
via
Spike

Arrow good trail camera

you can try Gosira trail camera which is quite cheap but with good quality. If have any problem with the machine, you also can apply replacement any time. recommend this!!!
Old 09-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Great topic . So many cameras what to buy? I got 2 wild game. One seems to be going through batteries. I think they are pia to program. I got 3 moultie. Easy to program. Price is good. I am questioning shutter speed. I real noticed it where I walk and drive by a lot. I moved the camera so it shoot as you come to it, not by it.

I am curious about higher end and other brands. But moultie price and ease leans me to them. I have not had a bear touch a camera, but would suck if one did.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got 6 out on one ranch just to learn what's there. Mostly Cabelas with an odd Stealth or Browning thrown in. They all seem to have good battery life (10K+ pics). Most are placed about 6' above the ground on trees. I haven't had any bear problems either and have bears all over the ranch. I don't know as there's much I could do to prevent a bear from getting a camera (other than scent control) since they seem to climb pretty easily.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

I check cameras before baiting. Wash hands, wear gloves, and spray with scent killer.

mine are 2-3 feet high.

they do make bear boxes. Come people use electrical boxes.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am thinking that Stealth Cam has outdone itself with the TrailHawk game came.Mine had picked up a UPS truck around 200 feet away. I know that you will not believe it so I will try and post the picture up tomorrow sometime. I find it hard to believe myself but the photo tells no lies..
Old 09-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

200 feet? was chipmunk running by? Wow. Have you tried testing it yourself by walking up slow? I am fairly certain even if mine detected that far, which I doubt, I couldn't tell anyways. Lots of pictures where you just don't know why it went off.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

No I have not tested it but plan on doing so. Yes it could of been a bird flew by at that same time and set the camera off. I can’t really say for sure. But I will test it further because it is supposed to be 100 feet and not double that.. I am still impressed with the fact that this is on my camera at this distance though.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I see trail camera and video trail thread I started has been claimed by somebody else. Was looking forward to joining again but after seeing this think I will just log out again. not going to enjoy this place as much as I thought I was.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:22 PM
Spike

Try Spromise
Old 01-31-2019, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is how things look on my end in Michigan:

Browning & Moultrie - A+ (Best all around for me)
Muddy - B+ (it's a Browning?)
Bushnell - B (great battery life) - Dark Pictures,
Primos - B (Battery terminals break , special way to install batteries so they don't break) Decent pictures, very user friendly
Stealth Cam - B- (navigating is cumbersome, fair pics, awesome battery,
WGI - C- (no longivity, eventually stop taking pics inside of 3-6 months for me) - older cams were better for me

Those are the cams I have in my possession now and how they size up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.