Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
best trail cameras >

best trail cameras

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

best trail cameras

Old 04-10-2017, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I have cuddleback, Moultrie, browning, Bushnell, primos, and wild game innovations cameras. Bushnell trophy cams are the only ones I recommend.

The only down side I could comment about the Bushnell cams is the potential to get thousands upon thousands of pictures during windy days. But I'll get literally hundreds more photos in a week of actual game, especially at night with Bushnells than any other brand. Most of my cams are 3-5yrs old, but I usually add one or two more each season. We put out 27 cams this season. About 1/2 of them bushnells, a third of them moultries, and the rest odds and ends.

I tend to get them for $150-200 each season. Often less on sale, or through Cabelas club deals where I get extra Cabelas credit back on them (10-20% back).
27 is a LOT of game cams. How many properties are you covering with them and are any of them wireless?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

I pinned this topic at the top of the forum for easy reference as it has a lot of good information for anybody checking out the forum. I have only used one game camera to date--Cabelas HD. So far, I've been very impressed with how it operates and the quality of pictures it takes. When I read a topic like this though, it does make me wonder if other cameras would get more game pictures instead of missing game animals, which is the whole point of a game cam. Kudos to everybody who has shared!
Old 05-03-2017, 02:57 PM
Spike

I'm having great success with bushnell. Easy to use, reliable and fast trigger speed. Slowly switching from cuddyback... I run about 10-12 cameras at a time. Also, good battery life on them.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:25 PM
Spike

Never had trail camera got one for xmas think it is a primo bulls eye
Old 08-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Spike

I like the Browning trail Cameras.

Last edited by john brzoza; 08-07-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:53 PM
Spike

I 2nd that. Mine should be here within the next few days. Looks like a very solid camera and the folks in charge seem extremely committed on putting out a quality product. I loved my s600 https://hunthacks.com/best-trail-camera-reviews/ when it was working right but I think this cam will be my new favorite.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:47 PM
Spike

Default stealth cam stc-g42ng

I have owned cams since the days of film, I went from flash cams to red ir. The deer on state woods will not tolerate anything these days. I bought one stealth cam stc-g42ng and it worked very well, not very expensive great pics did not spook deer, I now have 4.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:08 AM
Fork Horn

I too have been running cams since the 35mm days. Ive had many different brands. I don't buy anything but Brownings anymore.

Batteries make a difference too. If you can afford Energizer lithium they will save you in the long run.

SD cards are also not all the same. High speed SD cards are meant for high-end point & shoot and DSLR cameras, not for game cameras. Game cameras don’t write as fast to the SD card as regular digital cameras because of the tradeoff with battery life (nobody expects their DSLR to run for 3-4 months on one charge or set of batteries). Therefore, you can get some weird things when you try to use one of these cards in a game camera.

As far as deer not liking cameras and getting spooked....it happens. Deer are individuals, some seem to love the camera like a model and some are running for the next county. Try to put the camera above 6ft angled down. I no longer put cameras directly over bait or stand sites. Its just too risky imo.

Good luck.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

this is an old thread , but a good one to keep going as i'm sure cams are evolving .. i've never used them until very recently and I can understand the fun .. (i'm just reluctant to new fangled equip.) but i got a browning strike force and so far i am very impressed .. 2-3 wks now and 6AA liths are still 100% and i have a decent amount of footage . about half is 10 sec videos ..-- .4 sec response , takes a 32gb sd ..10mp $100 bucks .. the deer are all looking right at the cam .. i assume this is norm for pir at night ??you can hear it click on.. i saw in cabelas 3 stealth cam w/ a viewer for 225$ ..

Last edited by davidg; 03-17-2018 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just purchased a new trail cam at the Kittery Trading Post. It’s a Stealth Trail Hawk that was marked down from $150 to $100. I set out back just yesterday around some apple trees and already have some photos on it. It doesn’t have the viewer on it. But, I am quite pleased with the photos I have on it. I have not tried the videos with it yet. I will wait a while before trying them. However with the first day I am quite happy with the quality of the pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.