Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
best trail cameras >

best trail cameras

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

best trail cameras

Old 12-07-2016, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default best trail cameras

I am looking to replace a group of trail cameras that are getting very unreliable. In looking at the adds in gets confusing to say the least. I am not interested in a lot of high tech. Just want easy to set up and reliable. Suggestions?
Old 12-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

My opinion---Moultrie---best for the money ! reasonable--easy to use and reliable
Old 12-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thin ALL cheaper made trail cam's are HIT and MISS
some work flawless some are problem plagued JUNK
Have many times bough 3-4 of same cam and had 2 work great , outstanding to be honest and the other two, garbage
when you get into higher end cam's
reconix/Buckeye cam and such, they all seem to have higher QC
so, what one guy likes another might not
me ALL my Moultrie SUCK, there super slow to wake up, miss more things then they capture
just using that as example, NOT bashing anyone liking them, I just have had BAD ONE"S I think,(6 so far)

I have way better luck with Cuddyback's even have some from the 90's that still work(were NON typical back then)
but also know a bunch of folks that have issue's with them too?

SO< pick of the litter I think on lower end cams?
Old 12-08-2016, 01:38 AM
Spike

Reconyx
Like you, I didn't know what to buy, I did the research and picked up a pair, cost is higher but they seem worth it. I've taken some nice pics so far
Old 12-08-2016, 05:44 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I have run 9 moultries 24/7 now for 6 yrs with no problems.

JW
Old 12-08-2016, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
I have run 9 moultries 24/7 now for 6 yrs with no problems.

JW
I have run a few moltrie's for a few yrs too,(solar panels from them are great will give them plus's here)
BUT they miss a TON of things and I proved this by placing a BETTER cam on same tree and got almost 150% more pictures!(tried this a few times with other brand cam's)
also seen many times in snow, tracks past Moltrie cam 's and NO pic of what left them>

so by this I still say there NOT that great a cam, as if there missing things, defeating the purpose of what I want a cam for, thus why I say I don't have great luck with them
also had a few have short lives and die, or stop working at random, work fine then stop then work or run away taking a thousand pic's in a row and then work OK ish again!
Just not my pick on a trail cam because of these reasons!

many things in life work this way

you DON"T know what a better ITEM is till you own one, and then first hand see the difference!
then that GOOD thing you thought you HAD< can easy turn into a MUCH lesser item for you!
Old 12-08-2016, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

All I use are the basic Moultrie & Wildlife Innovations cameras. I've had no problems out of them. I've had some for 4 or more years and they're still working like a charm!
Old 12-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the market for a couple of inexpensive cams. The one's I have now are Covert and they have done quite well. Leaning towards getting a couple more of them (About $100-120)...but interested in hearing how some of the lower end models fare ($60-80).
Old 12-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a couple of Stealth Cam G30s since 2015. They both seem to work well in both daylight and nighttime photos. They use 6 AA batteries and were $88 when I bought them on Amazon. Will probably get another Stealth or two in 2017. I read the NG45 is a pretty good no glow model as well.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I have a couple of Stealth Cam G30s since 2015. They both seem to work well in both daylight and nighttime photos. They use 6 AA batteries and were $88 when I bought them on Amazon. Will probably get another Stealth or two in 2017. I read the NG45 is a pretty good no glow model as well.
I have been very impressed with my G30s. Actually like them better than my Browning Recon forces. Got them with a card and batteries for $100.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.