HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Some more new bucks (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/408436-some-more-new-bucks.html)

rockport 08-23-2016 07:09 AM

Some more new bucks

Moved a camera a few hundred yards and checked after a week.

The fawns are huge this year

BarnesX.308 08-23-2016 03:11 PM

A few nice ones. Too bad he got too close to the camera in those two pics. I think he's nice and has character. Would love to see the tops.

rockport 08-23-2016 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 4270486)
A few nice ones. Too bad he got too close to the camera in those two pics. I think he's nice and has character. Would love to see the tops.

well I got this

Also interesting that its actually broad daylight but the camera is taking night pictures.

The time/date will be correct on the next round.

BarnesX.308 08-23-2016 03:56 PM

Solid G2s!!!

TN Lone Wolf 08-23-2016 04:22 PM

He's looking pretty good.

I see you're using a Moultrie. What model is it?

rockport 08-23-2016 04:43 PM

This one is a moultrie A5 gen2

its my first of the GEN 2 so I couldn't tell you much really besides its very simple and works great so far and that it successfully fended off a very committed coon for several weeks almost every day the first time out....He was back almost every day to try to open it.

I'd say that deer is shading the sensor causing night pictures in the day time.

rockport 08-23-2016 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 4270490)
Solid G2s!!!

Ive got a good pull coming up in a couple weeks. Several cameras will have gone unchecked for a month.

BarnesX.308 08-24-2016 04:11 AM

Ive got a good pull coming up in a couple weeks. Several cameras will have gone unchecked for a month.
Oh man!!!! I love those kinds of pulls. I always say a prayer that everything went right before pulling. Batteries stayed strong, memory card didn't fail, camera didn't poop the bed, I got it turned on and ready the correct way. :D

I have had a couple times where I was all excited and came up to a camera with zero pictures. One camera was just getting old, I guess. It worked intermittently.

I will say a prayer for you that the camera was working flawlessly. :D

rockport 08-24-2016 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 4270528)
Oh man!!!! I love those kinds of pulls. I always say a prayer that everything went right before pulling. Batteries stayed strong, memory card didn't fail, camera didn't poop the bed, I got it turned on and ready the correct way. :D

I have had a couple times where I was all excited and came up to a camera with zero pictures. One camera was just getting old, I guess. It worked intermittently.

I will say a prayer for you that the camera was working flawlessly. :D

Yeah I hate when that happens. I have 9 cameras out though so I should be good. One of our best cameras locations only works the first couple weeks all year so far.

That is one downside to just switching the cards out......I don't know it didn't work until I get home. Turns out it somehow got switched to 30 minute delay with the sensitivity all the way down. Should be working now though.

On the last check I had a camera pointing straight at the ground. I didn't know what happened and was worried it had been that way the whole time but turns out it was a coon messing with it every day. He would get it pointed at the ground but then a couple hours later he would move it back straight.

olsaltydog 08-24-2016 05:15 AM

Looking good, the fawns here would be belly height to that grass so you do have some size to them, benefit of being further north I suppose.

Had one camera that took tons of pics and could never get it to last past a couple of days. Any bug or movement it would snap a picture, it was so sensitive and I could never get it to function great so that became my temp security camera for the yard.

Had another that worked great, only problem was the tree I mounted it to ended up having an ivy vine grow up it and cover the camera completely, so a month hoping for pics turned out to be a few days worth of pics and the rest of a leaf or vine.