Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Wildview EZ Cam 12V operation >

Wildview EZ Cam 12V operation

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Wildview EZ Cam 12V operation

Old 03-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Spike

Default Wildview EZ Cam 12V operation

I have a Wildview EZ Cam that I've been using for years. Finally bought the 12V plug, connected it to a charged 12V car battery and the camera didn't power up. polarity is correct and voltage confirmed at the barrel plug.

Any particular trick to getting these to work?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

cs641: I had several of the Wildview EZ cam and set them up like you. The center of the barrel plug is positive, so this wire (usually dotted or a white traser) goes to the positive post of the battery. If you happen to reverse the wires, you will damage the 12 volt port system. The camera will still work using the normal batteries. My reason for setting the cameras up using the external 12 volt port was the cameras were very hard on batteries. I no longer have these cameras as when the option of video came out I went to that type as video is my interest. All the best.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Spike

Thanks. Yeah these cameras are hard on batteries. My polarity is correct and I guess it's broke.