HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Thoughts on Spypoint trail cams? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/397272-thoughts-spypoint-trail-cams.html)

Wisco94 01-25-2015 06:19 PM

Thoughts on Spypoint trail cams?

Judging by the tracks in the snow today either my trail camera grew legs and walked away or someone stole it. Guess I won't put cameras on public land anymore since I rarely hunt it. So now I'm looking at a replacement or maybe even two… I found some Spypoint bf-6 cameras that seem like they may be work a look. From the reviews I located looks to be a good bang for your buck camera. If anyone has any experience with Spypoint I'd love to hear your experiences; good, bad, or otherwise.

westexasagent 01-28-2015 06:45 AM

Love Spypoint

2 Attachment(s)
I love Spypoint cameras!

c-rad 01-30-2015 03:23 AM

I used to have 2 spypoint tiny cams. They both broke within a month due to internal issues but I sent them back and they fixed them with no problems. They took good pictures I thought but you can look through my older trail cam post to see yourself. There trigger speed was great. My problem with them was they couldn't take animal abuse. My trail cams get beat around by bears mostly and the occasional moose. They didn't last more than 2 attacks. I switched to moulties. They take good pictures they get beat around and are going on season 3 now still working great. I also have one wildgame camera. The pictures arent great but decent trigger time is slow so it misses pictures but on the destruction factor I have no clue how it still works.

Wisco94 01-30-2015 10:25 AM

After getting the camera I realized that I had mis-read the description and that it had a one minute delay between pictures so I sent it back and got a similarly priced browning camera. Just playing with it around the house it seems like it should do the trick and is slightly better than I'd hoped for a $100 camera.

Kytus 02-09-2015 11:10 AM

I have 1 spypoint BF6 I believe. It's good for the price.

I run 4 other moultries. 3 m880s and one D55.

The spypoint has a decent trigger speed, not as great as the moultrie but still decent. What I like is that it was an affordable no glow infrared night shot, vs low glow. I wanted to try one out vs my low glow on the moultries.

My only gripe is the multishot mode isn't as quick as the moultries, so I tend to only run it in single shot mode.

My spypoint hasn't been attacked yet, but 2 of the moultries have and they function without issue.

steve2064 03-15-2015 08:04 AM

I'm biased but I truly believe that the SPYPOINT line are the best cameras on the market. Now the BF6 is a entry level camera with a
10 second trigger speed, black flash, five zone detection range and great battery life. On the high end there is the Mini Live 4G and 4GV
models that have less than a second trigger speed and one second delay. I have a BF6, it's a great little camera that has worked well
for me for the past two years.