Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Need advice on a multiple camera setup. >

Need advice on a multiple camera setup.

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need advice on a multiple camera setup.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:32 AM
Spike

Default Need advice on a multiple camera setup.

After 3 years of messing around with trail cameras I want to start thinking bout setting up a decent multiple camera system around my 450 acres. Where I no longer have to ride in, pull my memory card, ride out, then ride back to replace it once I check my pictures. Then if there was nothing after a few weeks I have to move it somewhere else. Or if the batteries are low, change them out.

I want to put out a dozen or so cameras and really only have to check them a few times a year for maintenance. I dont want to change batteries every few weeks. I just dont want the constant riding back and forth to see whats on my memory cards. Is there such a thing?

I want to be able to set up a decent amount of cameras around my property and have all the pictures download to my phone or my PC. Also is there some type of software that will use GPS and show me where all my cameras are located using an onscreen interface? Can it even get fancier and show if one of them is offline due to a tree falling down or some other damage to it? Hell if I wanted can I even have a few of them set to video and click on one of them at my PC and get live streaming from it?
Old 12-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

This technology don't exist yet.
Cameras that give quality images/video require power and use batteries.
Reconyx are excellent on battery life but there is no way to get the data from them remotely or monitor their status.

I think half the fun of hunting is riding around on the four wheeler and checking my cams and feeding spots/salt licks/scrapes.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by pnut
This technology don't exist yet.
Cameras that give quality images/video require power and use batteries.
Reconyx are excellent on battery life but there is no way to get the data from them remotely or monitor their status.
how does something like this work?
http://thecrush.tv/deer-cam
Old 12-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure but Lee and Tyffany are loaded and have access to all the latest tech and probably get to use it for free just for promoting it.
It's probably using cellular which requires an extra SIM and a larger data package along with the camera cost. You're still going to have to replace batteries unless you install a solar panel backup which is an additional cost. Last time I priced it all out is was going to be about $800-$900 to get started.
You could buy several good cameras for that kind of money.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Spike

Wildgame Innovations is coming out with a trail camera called Crush Cell 8 that sends images wirelessly via MMS. Only downfall is it's pretty spendy. I'm sure there is other trail cameras like this but this is a good one I heard
Old 12-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

As I said, you will still need an extra SIM and extended data plan.
Wildgames are horrible on batteries too.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by pnut
I'm not sure but Lee and Tyffany are loaded and have access to all the latest tech and probably get to use it for free just for promoting it.
It's probably using cellular which requires an extra SIM and a larger data package along with the camera cost. You're still going to have to replace batteries unless you install a solar panel backup which is an additional cost. Last time I priced it all out is was going to be about $800-$900 to get started.
You could buy several good cameras for that kind of money.
I wonder if building a small shed in the edge of the woods to house equipment would work and use a solar panel to power everything. I have an old PC I can use to stream it on. I also have fiber access on my farm and can get a 1gig upload which shouldnt lag at all. I guess then main thing is just getting a really nice camera.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

No idea but I'm sure there are webpages that document someone that set something similar to this up themselves.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a few Cameras that can do what Your talking about but as mentioned it can get pretty expensive and they are making new trail cameras each year that can do more and perform better.There are a few that can also use WiFi technology and as Pnut mentioned some that require a SIM card and adding an additional fee on to Your phone bill.I would suggest using a few more expensive cameras in the areas You don't want to frequent and leave Your scent behind and then use the cheaper cameras in areas easier to access or higher traffic areas like feeders,mineral sites etc!

The Moultries have a few trail cameras that send a signal/picture to Your phone and/or computer, it has a cable that plugs in to the camera and hangs up above the camera for reception and cost a certain amount per month,they did offer a reduced fee to run this set up for 3-4 month intervals during the busy time of the Hunting Season and You can check battery life and even change the settings on the higher priced Moultrie cameras or Un-plug the camera and run it as a normal trail camera!

There's another trail camera that sends pictures within a certain distance and has multiple cameras and is pretty expensive but I don't remember the brand name?It was SpyPoint or BuckEye possibly?Check out www.chasingame.com for lots of high tech trail cameras and see how they are rated in quality,performance,battery life and pic quality!

Last edited by GTOHunter; 12-27-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default the Hobbies

We sure create the time consuming hobbies with the new hobbies, we don't think will become real hobbies.
Why so called hunters have come up with ways to track individual deer by camera. Why they spend so much time tracking deer, they have little time to hunt.
Remember farmer on whose land I hunted. He spent so much time being a farmer, he'd leave his rifle on the back porch, in case he got time for a shot during hunting season.

why we must have an association that has the best pictures of deer never seen other than with a trail cam. Those fellas are too busy sorting through pictures. And a fella with multiple cams has himself a regular hiking schedule, if the gps is working to keep him informed where he left the trail cams.

Never did learn how a trail cam worked.

Never got into food plots. Knew a farmer who did stuff like that.

Last edited by Valentine; 02-01-2015 at 03:06 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.