Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
A very nice Trail Camera Mount >

A very nice Trail Camera Mount

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

A very nice Trail Camera Mount

Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default A very nice Trail Camera Mount

I posted this over at QDMA too. Thought I would spread the word over here as well.

I was browsing eBay one day and ran across these mounts. I thought they were cheap enough so I thought I would give them a try. Only 11 bucks so I ordered 7 of them. They work GREAT. I will never use a strap again.

Check them out
www.quickdrawmount.com

Here is a pic from the website.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

This really wasn't the conversation starter I thought it was going to be. 80 views no responses
Old 11-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Spike

Ok, I'll bite. Unless the picture doesn't really show otherwise, I'm assuming it screws into the tree. Not sure how that is better than a strap in terms of 1) ease and convenience of mounting and moving to other trees around your property and 2) not damaging trees, assuming your land allows for periodic timbering, in which case you are decreasing the value of that tree by screwing into it. To me, those 2 reasons are enough to stick with the straps that I've already paid for as they were included with the camera.
Old 11-23-2014, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

^ where your from must have very straight and perfect trees but in my woods I'm always looking for the perfect tree and then jamming sticks behind the camera to get the tilt right. With the mounts you have 360 adjustment and as long as it's wood it can be in the perfect tree regardless of shape.

If your worried about one .375" hole decreasing value then you must worry a lot.

Atleast you replied to the topic! Thanks for that
Old 11-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RedTailHawk
Ok, I'll bite. Unless the picture doesn't really show otherwise, I'm assuming it screws into the tree. Not sure how that is better than a strap in terms of 1) ease and convenience of mounting and moving to other trees around your property and 2) not damaging trees, assuming your land allows for periodic timbering, in which case you are decreasing the value of that tree by screwing into it. To me, those 2 reasons are enough to stick with the straps that I've already paid for as they were included with the camera.
A little lag bolt like that is not going to damage a tree.
I've been lagging lock boxes to trees for years and you can't even tell where I've had them in the past.
With a cordless drill and a jig, you could install this thing in a couple minutes.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

^ I agree with above. However, I haven't used a drill for install. Just grip the tee handle jam in tree and thread.